This Old Dress

    |
Have an old prom dress you're never going to wear again? Well, here are 5 things you can do with it:

1.) SELL IT ON EBAY- My friend's mom is a big Ebay fanatic. Aside from many proms and homecomings, she has been in several pageants. Her mom has successfully sold all of her old gowns for reasonable prices. This is an excellent way to make some extra cash.

2.) STOW IT AWAY- Get it cleaned, and keep it in your closet for future uses. One day, you might find yourself going to some sort of ball, formal event, Valentine's Day date, or lending it to a friend! If you are planning on joining a sorority, they have tons of formal events you can wear your old dress to.

3.) DONATE IT- for more information, visit these fabulous websites or google "donate your prom dress": The Glass Slipper Project , The Ruby Room , Operation Fairy Dust , Fairy Godmother Project

4.) HAVE A GIRL'S NIGHT- A girl I know from high school had a birthday party where her and her guests went bowling in their old prom dresses! You could also have a photo shoot, or simply go out to dinner and re-live prom night minus the dates!

5.) ALTER IT- Turn it into something else! Depending on the style, you can try making a tank top, a skirt, or even a pillow cover out of your old dress! I would only recommend doing this if you didn't spend a lot on it!

As for me, I will probably follow through with option #2. I love my dress and all of the sentimental value it holds.

I hope this guide was as helpful as I peceived it to be. Till next time, xoxo SWEATshirt/DRESSshirt

No comments