Purple Nails and Holy Grails

    |
I've been really into nail polish lately. It's getting to the point where I wear a different color every week. Wait-- that's not even extreme. What am I talking about? Anyway, I stopped using that NYC top coat I was raving about in this post. My nail polish lasts SO MUCH LONGER without it.
Nail Polish: F21 Lavender $2.80
Onto the next topic: Skin. During my freshman year of college, one of my best friends tried to get me to start using Clinique. She purchased their 3-step system a few months prior, and said it was one of the best things invented. Even her brother started using it. I didn't really believe her because with the skin I had, I literally tried everything under the sun. Aside from Clinique, of course.

Let me tell you about my skin. I've had blemish problems for a number of years now. In high school, it got so bad, my dermatologist classified it as severe and offered me Accutane (a powerful acne drug that can really harm your insides). I didn't want to be taking any risks with my health, so I decided to decline it. Shortly after that, I got really frustrated with the products I was using, and decided it was time to try something new. It was time to purchase the Clinique 3-step skincare system...three years after my friend had told me about it.

My skin isn't perfect now. But I have to say that it is a LOT better. My friends even started noticing, and I feel like I finally have SOME control of my skin. I'm not saying that this is a miracle in a bottle, but if you've tried everything else like I have and haven't seen any results-- I would highly recommend this. Price wise, I would say that it's quite cheap compared to other non-drugstore brands. I am pretty sure that the total price for the 3-step kit is around $50. They also have a sampler kit available for $30. I go through one toner and face wash every 1.5-2 months, but only because I use a lot. It will vary from person to person. Just an FYI, the picture below is not the 3 step system. Only the 2 products to the right are a part of it.
Products I use, going from left to right:
1. Emergency Gel-Lotion Intensif (I would highly recommend this over the other Spot Healing Gel. Don't use this if you have dark skin, though. My friend who is African American used it and it bleached her skin.)
2. Oil-control cleansing mask (This is a great clay mask that sucks out all the dirt from your pores. I usually use it at night on my whole face once a week, or as a spot treatment).
3. Cleansing foam
4. Clarifying lotion aka toner. I suggest you apply this with a cotton ball rather than a cotton pad. I find cotton balls to be the best picker-uppers of dirt and dead skin. (That sounds gross, I know.)

All of these products are from the Acne Solutions line. You should first talk to a consultant before purchasing the 3-step system. They have different formulas specialized for different types of skin. In all, this is the best acne product I have used hands down. I know firsthand that having acne isn't fun, so feel free to comment below or send me an email if you ever want to talk about your experience!

This is the moisturizer I use. I wouldn't say it's the best. It's actually kind of pricey. My skin doesn't really absorb it too well, but it still works. I'm planning on switching over to their Dramatically Different Moisturizer Gel as soon as this one runs out. It's cheaper, and I've been told it works the same.

You can find Clinique products at their website, Sephora, Macy's, or Nordstrom. I'm sure there are more places, but I usually get my products from these stores.

8 comments

Beauty H2T said...

I just got a lavender varnish yesterday- review to follow, I am in the same nail obsession my self. I also use the clinique solutions, it is good you feel it has helped :)

Bx

beautyh2t.blogspot.com

Cara said...

YAYY! A fellow Clinique-er!!!

We're closer than you may think because of this. Heheh. I love reading your blog! Thank you SO much for the sweet words on mine, girl. Also, I've been looking for lavender nail polish for cheap forever and THANK YOU for sharing this! can't wait to grab it for myself.

xoxox

Sarah said...

Loving the lavender nailvarnish! Must get some for myself soon! xx

HKMarcum said...

I'm a Clinique Consultant and I'm so glad you're seeing great results!

If you're not seeing the results you would like out of the Moisture Surge, try the Dramatically Different GEL or the Acne Solutions Moisturizer!

CMA said...

love that nail color
your blog has great inspiration, keep it up!
thanks for sharing this post, love it

-cma
COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

Karen said...

I love the lavender nail polish!! I have been looking everywhere for this exact color!!! Where did you buy it from??

http://rubytuesdayfashionanddesign.blogspot.com/

XOXO,
Karen/RubyTueaday

the red bungalow said...

that lavender nail polish is gorgeous! i had no clue Forever21 even made nail polish. thanks for the tip! :)

Bre @ http://theredbungalow.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

kam vlagati denar [url=http://www.varcevanje.info]rentno varcevanje[/url]