One Necklace, Three Occasions

    |
I might have mentioned this before, but since my freshman year of college, for 95% of the clothing I purchase, I usually ask myself, "Is this practical?" I don't like buying things that I only plan on wearing once, even if it's for a special occasion. In that case, I will find some way to work the piece into my everyday wardrobe. The only exception to this rule would be my prom dress.

While at Nordstrom a few weeks ago, my mission was to find a statement necklace. Lo and behold... I found this glimmering in the light, on the jewelry table in the teen section. It also came in other colors like powder blue, clear, frosty white, black, and yellow. I liked this grapefruit color the best. It reminded me of the fresh fruits that are about to be in season for summer.

For the following three outfits, here is the occasion/type of weather:
1. School, the mall/overcast
2. Day at the beach/sunshine
3. Girls night out, date night/any weather

necklace: Nordstrom B.P. $14 

shirt: Old Navy $10 SALE //lace tank: GAP $8 SALE //jeans: Nordstrom B.P., Vigoss Studio //gladiators: Nordstrom Rack, MIA //nailpolish: Bartell's, Sinful Colors in Thimbleberry $2

shorts: Old Navy $15 SALE

skirt: Nordstrom B.P. Lush //sandals: Nordstrom Rack, Steve Madden //nailpolish: China Gaze in Peachy Keen

15 comments

Cara said...

LOVE THE STATEMENT NECKLACE.
and how that skirt / top outfit looks like a tshirt dress.
so cute.


xoxox
can't wait till you do your new layout and get a button! YAY!

Beauty H2T said...

loves it! gorgeous colour and really could work with so many outfits, It has got me in statementnecklace mood....oh dear!

Bx

beautyh2t.blogspot.com

joninel said...

love your necklace

thx for visited my blog...mind to follow??... :D

ParisiannSkies said...

this is a cool necklace,
it definitely adds a touch of colour to the outfits.

Gabby said...

Perfect for the summer!
xxx

http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

Closet Hound said...

Gorgeous necklace. Loving how you showed it's flexibility in different settings.

http://closethound.blogspot.com

- Sharon

Cara said...

Seriously let's be blog sisters for life. YES it's by Love and Beauty. Can you paint your nails that like, tomorrow and take a picture and we can brag to everyone else in the blog world that we have matching nail polish? I'm not kidding.

DOLL, what's your first name? On all my blog posts I have to put your blog name. Grrr.

xoxox

Mez said...

I LOVE this necklace the color is amazing.

+ + + + + + + + + + + +
www.blithelyunaware.com
+ + + + + + + + + + + +
www.blithelyunaware.com
+ + + + + + + + + + + +

Jessica said...

Incredible necklace! And fantastic job styling it for different occasions.

Elle Sees said...

Coral, Yes! I wear mine--not as awesome as yours--with just a white tee and it looks fab. I want your necklace. GAH!!!

Silver Strands said...

Wow! What a beautiful/versatile necklace!

I'm so glad I found your blog, can't wait to read more from you :)

MaNAa said...

wahou your necklace is so great i love it the color is amazing!!

Erica said...

Great necklace!
www.poolovesboo.blogspot.com

Marie said...

I always find myself buying accessories/clothing of this particular color. I love this necklace! <3 xoxo

www.mariesmonologue.blogspot.com

Aisa Putri Sekartaji said...

love the necklace : )