Food For Thought

    |
Hi Everyone! I apologize for the lack posts lately. I've been super busy with studying for final exams. With that said, I have decided to take a hiatus until Friday (6-11-10). See you all then!

In the meantime, I will leave you with some pictures of these lovely sandals my mom got me for my birthday a while back.




shoes: Nordstrom, Naughty Monkey Fruit Loop style in Yellow //nailpolish: China Glaze Peachy Keen $6 SALE and F21 Lavender $3

I also wanted to share with you guys this interesting article on excessive Internet use. It's kind of ironic that I'm posting this on here.

"Excessive Internet use can lead to social isolation, depression and failure at work or school. Some people — particularly those who were isolated to begin with — have forged healthy friendships by meeting kindred souls online. But using the Internet too much can hurt face-to-face relationships. And  psychologists say an increasing number of people are using the Internet so obsessively that they are ruining their marriages and careers. In short, “the more hours people use the Internet, the less time they spend with real human beings,” said Norman Nie, a political scientist at Stanford University who was the principal investigator for the study. Nie asserted that the Internet was creating a broad new wave of social isolation in the United States, raising the specter of an atomized world without human contact or emotion."
--article via candied clouds

I can see where this person is coming from because if you really think about it, technology really does play a big role in our everyday lives. Especially nowadays. However, even though anything is possible, I don't believe that we will ever get to the point of having absolutely no human to human interaction. It's still scary to think about though, because I personally spend a lot of time on the internet for school work as well as social purposes. What is your take on this matter?

16 comments

Katie said...

Those are gorgeous! Love.

Silver Strands said...

New follower!

And I just wanted to say that your mom has GREAT taste!

oxoxox
Denalee

Cara said...

I loooove those sandals. They look lovely with those gorgeous coral toe nails!!!

Love being your blog sista.
<333

OooKellyNicky said...

Wow, fab sandals!

my blogs:
♥La Stylin Girraffe♥
♥ SHOP La Stylin Girraffe♥

Lauraloves. said...

new follower! :)

love these sandals! they're gorgeous :) and that article made me laugh...although I don;t think it's completely true?

have a nosey at mine if you wish;

www.romance-is-boring.blogspot.com

x

Marie said...

I think there is definitely a difference between people who use the internet as a tool for work, school, blogging, etc. and the people who use it as an "escape" from the real world. I don't doubt that the internet promotes less real interaction with humans. However, I do believe that it is purely up to the person to define when enough is enough. I could seriously go on for hours about the internet issue! Very good idea for discussion!

Closet Hound said...

Cute sandals, and good luck on exams! I have exams too, but now taking a much needed break. And that quote is interesting to think about! I can see how some people would consider the Internet as a reality-isolating time-consumer, but at the same time, like you said, it probably will not eliminate face-to-face contact at all. Maybe diminish it (for some people) but the internet can also act as a gateway to get in touch with people who you really can't see physically.

http://closethound.blogspot.com/

Sharon

Lynzy said...

You've got yourself a new follower!

LOVING the nail polish color


swing by my new blog :)

http://fromskirtstoskillets.blogspot.com

Elle Sees said...

your toe polish is what made me comment. love ittttt!

Mary said...

LOVE those shoes! So fun and want to get me a pair ;)

xxMK
Delightful Bitefuls

Das What She Said said...

Ha! Naughty Monkey!

http://daswhatshesaid.blogspot.com/

BarelyVogue said...

Love Love Love those sandals esp with those color nails love.

love
xx
Sahi
www.barelyvogue.com

Anonymous said...

adore the pale nail polish color!

http://lipglossonandcarryon.com/

Danielle said...

Love those shoes!!! Have a nice little break :)

Anything But Bland said...

no, I got the wheat grass shots at this Green Earth Grocery store in Edwardsville, Illinois! I've never been to Jamba Juice! Must be good ? :)

love, polly

Orchid said...

wow lucky yoo...its soo cool...and i love your coral nail paint...