Face Value

    |
this image is via WeHeartIt

I absolutely love face masks. Whether they are home-made or store bought, I am always looking to try new recipes/products. Here are a few that I have either tried in the past or have recently discovered:

Soft Skin
You will need: 1 tablespoon of egg whites
-apply egg whites to clean skin, making sure to avoid the eye and lip areas
-leave on for ~10 min and rinse

The Clinique Way
One of my favorite face masks is the Acne Solutions oil-control cleansing mask by Clinique. I use it once or twice a week, and after a 5 minute application, it leaves my face feeling clean and smooth. This product can also double as a spot treatment.


The following recipes are from Seventeen Magazine (I have not yet tried these, so I cannot guarantee success):

Calm Redness
You will need: 1 cucumber, 1 tablespoon plain yogurt, 1 tablespoon fresh cranberries (mashed)
-grate cucumber, and combine with yogurt and cranberries (amounts listed above)
-mix ingredients to create a paste
-apply to any red areas of face, neck, or chest
-leave on for 5-10 min and rinse

Brighten Skin
You will need: 3 tablespoons mashed papaya, 2 tablespoons mashed banana, 2 tablespoons milk, 1 tablespoon coconut water, and 1 tablespoon yogurt
-combine ingredients (amounts listed above)
-stir mixture until it forms a thick consistency, chill in fridge for 1 hr
-apply mask onto clean skin, wait 5 min, rinse with cool water

Stop Breakouts
You will need: 1 teaspoon canned pumpkin puree, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 teaspoon cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon flour, and 1 egg
-combine ingredients, beat mixture with fork until smooth
-apply a thin layer onto clean skin, wait 20 min
-rinse with lukewarm water, pat dry
*You can also use honey on its own as a mask, and leave it on for ~10 min. (I have tried this one, and it works wonderfully!)

**Be sure to take caution with these face masks if you have food allergies. Best of luck!


this image is via WeHeartIt

11 comments

Closet Fashionista said...

I should start using face masks more often. I sometimes use cleansers but not much either...I'm just too lazy XD
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

iloveyouvalentine said...

definitely want to try that brightener :)
btw, that honey bottle picture is so adorable! love the warm tones!

Paige said...

i love your blog!!!!!! Such great tips!

-paige
http://20somthingshopaholic.blogspot.com

Meghan said...

I love face masks too! I am going to try some of these recipes. thanks for sharing :)

Abby said...

Cute bear picture! I've never tried face masks.

Amy Bird said...

Hey There,

Really lovely blog! I love that close up of your ice cream sorbet! I also like you music Monday lists! I am now a follower! If you have a chance get out my blog too!

www.amybirdtweets.com

-Amy Bird Tweets
xoxo

Eleanor said...

ooo... im definatly going to try the clinique one... and egg whites sounds easy enough! thanks again - great post as always!! xxx http://improcrastinate.blogspot.com

Miss K said...

Love the post! I'm going to have to try one of these

http://carlandtheprepster.blogspot.com/

fashion junkie said...

OOooooh!!! I will have to def try this at home. thanks.


Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the lovely comment. I hope you come back soon.

xoxo,
MelRod

http://melrod1206.wordpress.com

Michelle said...

great blog! we seem to have the same style, taste in music, and flair for frugal finds! follow me? i'm def following you

Closet Hound said...

I LOVE you, haha. It's like you read my mind. I've been looking for at-home face masks for the past two weeks, and I've only found and tried the avocado and egg mask. I loveeee the egg mask - it does wonders for my skin. But I think I'm going to definitely try the one for calming down redness - the heat has been irritating my skin so much lately.

http://closethound.blogspot.com/

- Sharon