Mine

    |

Just this year, I discovered the "close-up" setting on my camera. I have been taking close-ups of literally everything, ever since. I was a bit surprised to see such high quality photos coming out of my almost-10-year-old camera. But I am definitely not complaining.

In other news, I saw EAT, PRAY, LOVE this past Saturday! It was heartwarming, inspiring, and even a little sappy at times. Ten minutes into the movie, I felt as if I should have brought a pen and notepad with me to write down all of the amazing quotes. Thankfully, I found this website yesterday. Of all the ones I was able to look at (there are hundreds, it seems like!) my favorite would have to be the first one:

"People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that's what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life.

A true soul mate is probably the most important person you'll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with a soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then leave.

A soul mates purpose is to shake you up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light can get in, make you so desperate and out of control that you have to transform your life, then introduce you to your spiritual master..."

— Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat, Pray, Love)
 
This week's list for MUSIC MONDAY:
1. 'On Directing' Tegan and Sara
2. 'Earthquakes and Sharks' Brandtson
3. 'Mine' Taylor Swift
4. 'Be Be Your Love' Rachael Yamagata
5. 'Almost Lover' A Fine Frenzy

15 comments

Silver Strands said...

wowie. What a quote! I need to go see that movie. I'll definitely be checking out that site for good quotes.
ooxo
Denalee

Abby said...

Those are some lovely quotes! And I was so happy when I found the macro setting on the camera I'm borrowing. I love taking close-ups. I just ran around one day taking close ups of EVERYTHING.

Ebony said...

I can't wait to see the movie. I'm going to try and get around to reading the book by this weekend before I head out.

Thanks for stopping by ... love to have you.

http://xoxoebony.blospot.com

j. nicole said...

cute picture! i can't wait to see eat, pray, love!

Kinsey Michaels said...

I want to see that movie, I have never read the book but the movie does look really heartwarming. Thank you for sharing that quote! And wow, your camera does take great close up shots :)

pradaforbreakfast said...

I have yet to see Eat Pray Love...I actually haven't read the book, either, but I heard it's phenomenal.

Lovely photo by the way - that ice cream/sorbet looks delicious!! Macro photos are so easy with any camera and always turn out beautifully :)

- Halie

P.S. Love your blog and all your yummy recipes! Definitely following you on Bloglovin now.

California Girl said...

Loved Eat, Pray Love....Also love the music :)

-California Girl
Mind following my blog :)
www.girlsbeautyguide.blogspot.com

Regan said...

I take close ups all the time too!! And, hello? This photo is amazing!! :) xoxo

Emma said...

Love your close-up photo! I saw eat, pray, love this weekend too and thought it was great. I'm following you now!

Emma
TheSidewalkIsMyRunway

Closet Fashionista said...

Oh wow that is such a great quote!! And yayy for close ups! :D
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

Lynzy said...

I really need to start expanding my use of my SLR, so many options!


xo Lynzy
http://fromskirtstoskillets.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

love this! I need to investigate the close up setting on my camera... xxx

Jade "Purple" Brown said...

i really wnat to go see that movie!

jadepurplebrown.blogspot.com

Tieka, Selective Potential said...

Ahhh, I can't wait to see Eat Pray Love! Now I'm really looking forward to it!

iloveyouvalentine said...

such lovely quotes! :)
i can't wait to see that movie!