In The Bag

    |
makeup bag: Nordstrom B.P., Amici Accessories

Since the only things I carry in my purse are my wallet, cell phone, and a pen, I thought it would be more exciting to show you guys the contents of my makeup bag. I have been using these cosmetics as a group since May of this year, so I have a pretty good idea as to how well each of them work. If you still have questions after reading my comments on each product below, feel free to leave me a comment/email. :)

Bare Escentuals Makeup Brushes (Sephora) (long handled kabuki, blush, and concealer brush): to be honest, these brushes are not the best quality. I have been using these same ones for a little over 3 years (with the exception of the Kabuki, which I got for Christmas 2 years ago from my BFF, K), and find their bristles to get more and more coarse over time. They are fine during the first year of use, but after that, it is all downhill. I am currently looking for a new set.

Bare Escentuals Foundation, Mineral Veil, and Blush (Sephora): I absolutely love Bare Minerals! I have really oily, acne prone, sensitive skin, and this makeup does not break me out. The only downside is that the foundation can give off a cakey appearance at times, but only if you use a lot of it.

Lancome Eyelash Curler (Macy's): This came with a gift set my mom got from purchasing one of their products. It works great, which is why I believe a good eyelash curler doesn't have to be expensive.

Too Faced Shadow Insurance (Sephora): Let me tell you something: As I had mentioned above, I have really oily skin. Without this primer, my eyeshadow is down to my chin at the end of the day. OK-- not literally, but it does shift quite a bit. This primer has really helped with that, especially when I have nights out with the girls.

Clinique High Impact Mascara (Nordstrom): This little tube of mascara came from a gift set I received during one of Clinique's promotions. I would say it works around the same level as Cover Girl's Lash Blast...at least for me. Because of that, I probably wouldn't purchase this product on my own.

Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup (Nordstrom): I was first introduced to this product at Nordstrom during a makeup event. It is intended to be a foundation, but I decided to use it as a light weight concealer since it was about to be Summer. Don't get me wrong though, this product serves as a really great foundation, and feels super light weight when done so.

MAC Smoke and Mirrors Eye Shadow Palette (Nordstrom): I bought this about a year ago around Christmas time as a reward (to myself, from myself :)) for getting through finals. I absolutely love it, especially because it contains a variety of matte as well as shimmery eyeshadows. It was kind of pricey, but well worth it. If you are looking to invest in a good smokey eye compact, definitely look into the random collections MAC comes out with every few weeks.

*edit: I completely forgot to include information about the eyeliner!

MAC Fluid Liner in 'Blacktrack': Even though I bought this early in the year, I didn't really start using it daily until Summer. It's waterproof, and glides on easily. I highly recommend it.

Angle Eyeliner Brush (Target): I didn't like this brush at first because I thought it was too stiff. I then became accustomed to it after several uses, and now love it. It applies the Fluid Liner perfectly!

8 comments

Meghan said...

ooh, what a pretty bag! I use the two faced primer and clinique acne foundation too! great products!

Curves ahead makeup said...

great make up bag and with all those goodies !!

sian l-b said...

i need to save for some mac eyeshadow, some things are worth splashing out on!! xx

http://shutterbug-z.blogspot.com

Silver Strands said...

What a fun litle peek! I have never found a mascara I love. (and I've been searching for nearly 40 years!) So when you find a great one, let me know, ok?
oxoxo
Denalee

MargieF said...

it is so hard to find good quality makeup brushes for a reasonable price...i find the bodyshop do great ones for not too much money.
(and yes i do horseride and the necklace was from H&M a few years ago:))
margief
x

Romance Is Boring said...

love this post! The makeup bag's really pretty too; mines desperately in need of replacement!

I've tagged you in a post, by the way! :)

romance-is-boring.blogspot.com

xx

iUnderEye said...

that cosmetic bag is super cute, also loving that post below with Brittany Murphy RIP. I LOVE Clueless. x

iUNDEREYE.blogspot.com

fashion junkie said...

Loving that cosmetic bag. way cute!! What girl doesn't love makeup. Such a cute post.

xoxo,
MelRod