Speak Now

    |
dress: gifted from a friend //scarf: gifted from a friend //cardigan: Nordstrom B.P. HIP ~$35 //belt: F21 $4 //tights: Old Navy $4 SALE //ring: kiosk in Hawaii and gifted from family

First and foremost, I would like to say hello again...after being MIA for an entire week! Question: Have you ever studied so hard, went to bed, and woke up feeling like you were hit with a large object? Yeah, that was totally me, yesterday. It's a really strange concept, really-- how studying can sometimes make you more tired than running a great distance.

I had a revelation the other day. I finally decided on a voice to use while writing my blog posts. Before, I wasn't sure how to say this-n-that because I wanted to sound like an intelligent person, yet very casual. Looking back on my older posts, there is an obvious flip flop between many different voices. I was reading advice from Jessica of What I Wore, and she encouraged people to write as if they were explaining something to a friend. I couldn't have said it better!

I would also like to thank you lovely bloggers for leaving such sweet comments. They truly make my day, and I just wanted to let you guys know...you will always have my support! :) As corny as it sounds, even though we have never met in person, I see each and every one of you as a great friend. Of the blogs that I have come across, you are all such talented, creative, and genuinely kind people. I am hoping to meet more of you!

Now... on to the meat and potatoes of this post. One of my good friends recently came back from studying abroad. She surprised me with this gorgeous scarf, and a late birthday present: a bold purple dress. As a kid, I remember looking through an issue of Allure magazine and coming across an article on how to wear a lot of the same color. The take-home message of it was to wear different shades that were not of the same opacity. For example, since the dress is of a darker shade, it is ok for me to wear the scarf with it because it is much lighter. So, then next time you feel like flaunting your favorite color on an entirely different level, have no fear of resembling a fruit. :)


6 comments

Jasmine Iris said...

i LOVE your outfit. the purple is such a rich shade. the scarf is gorgeous! I also love the belt tying it all together. Gorgeous darling!

xx

Ayanna Michelle said...

WOW, i am in love with this outfit! everything looks great, can't choose one thing to comment on!

http://quenchfab.blogspot.com

Mary said...

LOVE that color and print! So great!!

Mary xo
Delightful Bitefuls

Justine said...

I really like this outfit! :) And the pop of color from you ring!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog :)

Just Better Together

20 York Street said...

That's a beautiful combination of dress + scarf + belt over. Just found your blog today, glad I did!

besos,

ML
20 YORK STREET

Justine said...

Today my outfit was inspired by you! I am linking you up!

Just Better Together