Hair Over Heels

    |
image via Uh Huh Hair (linked below)

While looking through pictures at Uh Huh Hair and The Pony Tales, I developed a strange urge to change my hairstyle. Or at least, do more with it without making a big change because I am definitely not ready to commit to something drastic. I then started to brainstorm several ways as to how I could go about doing this. Here is what I came up with:

1. Change your part: If your part is typically on the right, try one that is on the left, or middle.
2. Bangs: Another great alternative is to get side swept, or straight across bangs. If you end up not liking them, you can always pin them up with a bobby pin until your hair grows out, or wear a head band. Some stores also sell clip-in bangs.
3. Color: highlights are always a good option. Just be sure to consult with a stylist or be certain that the dye you purchase will result in a color you are comfortable with.
4. Texture: If your hair is normally straight, wear it wavy by wearing loose french braids overnight. If your hair is naturally curly, try straightening it. Be sure to use a heat tamer with all heated tools. Nexus makes a good one.
5. Style and Accessorize: If you normally wear your hair down, experiment with different styles and accessories. A few of my favorites are the side braid, adding a fancy clip, or the milk maid braid. Tutorials for any of these can be found by simply typing the name in to YouTube.
6. Cut: If your hair is all one length, try getting a few simple layers that frame your face and add volume.


images via The Pony Tales (linked above)

14 comments

Dolls Factory said...

love your blog following you now

I invite you to enter my giveaway to have the chance to win a GOD SAVE McQueen shirt in your size.

ENTER HERE
http://www.thedollsfactory.com/2010/10/fendi-giveaway-winner-and-invitation-to.html

emilii said...

another lovely comment. beautiful blog! keep writing, keep uploding gorgeous pics. love

C.Chico said...

i love that 1st photo. how perfect are their hairstyles?!

Katie said...

Great tips! I get the urge to change my hair constantly :)

Sophia (my visual illusions) said...

i love the purple make up in the last photo! very creative, I think.

Eleanor said...

oh wow. that last picture took my breath away. i missed your blog - havent looked here in a while! :) xxxx http://improcrastinate.blogspot.com

C said...

I love all pics.. but the 1st one is sooooo cool !

Thnks 4 visiting my blog, i hope you like it

http://lavidaenbyn.blogspot.com

Kissesss !!

Valerie said...

I love this post! I think it's amazing how something as simple as changing your part can make such a huge difference on a look. Every time I do that, my husband immediately asks me what's different. It's a fun change without any commitment! Hope you had a great weekend.

xo
Valerie

mel said...

Thank you so much for the tips. Very informative.
Bankruptcy Law Firm

jetteryhibbard said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.party dresses | plus size wedding dresses

dog training books said...

Rocking the hair color!!! dog training books

shyrgil said...

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.
vintage wedding dresses | prom dresses cheap

prom dresses said...

This is my first time to visit your site.I definitely bookmark it for sharing with my friend. The best ball gowns | prom dresses you can find online.

Galt Young said...

Thanks for taking this opportunity to discuss this, I feel fervently about this and I like learning about this subject. If possible, as you gain information, please update this blog with more information.
The best affordable wedding gowns | cheap prom dresses you can find online.