Jewelry Organization

    |

Jewelry organization has never really been an interest of mine. I usually have a plastic box that I throw everything into. Over the years, I've come to realize that storing my necklaces that way isn't the best idea (everything always gets tangled to the point of no return), but have never really made the effort to change things.  Here at school, I have my most frequently worn necklaces on a hanger I keep in my closet. Sad, I know.

My roommate on the other hand, has a handy little box she bought from Storables for $3.95+tax. She doesn't really wear necklaces, so this box works out perfectly when it comes to storing her accessories. A lot of people have asked me about good ways to store jewelry. Just thought I'd throw a few ideas out there. :) Hope this helps!

headband: Anthropologie //jewelry: F21 and Nordstrom B.P. //box: Storables $3.95+tax


grapefruit colored gem necklace: Nordstrom B.P. ~$14 //fish pendant necklace: Nordstrom B.P. $12 //faux turqoise necklace: Urban Outfitters $30 //silver magnetic beads necklace: Urban Outfitters $9.99 SALE

Also, a while back, Emily from Cupcakes and Cashmere made a post about re-doing her bathroom and how she found a creative and organized way to display her necklaces. Check it out here. Urban Outfitters also has a really interesting selection of jewelry storage items. They can be a little pricey, though.

7 comments

C said...

Nice pics, i love tht necklace <3 !
I'm following ur blog, i really like it !

http://lavidaenbyn.blogspot.com

Kisses

Justine said...

This is a great idea! Right now, Target has similar boxes in their $1 section! I just saw them yesterday. I totally was going to buy it but I couldn't find a use for it. Now I know what I am going to do when I get it :)

Just Better Together

Katie said...

Great ideas!

Eleanor said...

great post again as always! :) i have one of the signs from urban outfitters that love on it... and the top drawer in my desk for earrings! im so unorganised though - bracelets are scattered all over the place in my room! xxxxx http://improcrastinate.blogspot.com

Closet Hound said...

I've gotten into organizing ever since I moved into my new apartments, and I use those little container boxes, too! I use them to store misc earrings, rings, etc., but right now my necklaces are all tangled on the top of my desk. I've seen pictures where people use thumbtacks/hooks on the wall to hold them, so it turns into a jewelry organizer/wall decor. I loveeee that idea.

- Sharon

Bella @Bellgetsreal said...

I love this little organizer... Perfect cuz you can easily take it with you when getting ready at friends

Stephanie said...

My mom does that to her jewelery, but I've never had the patience to sit down and put the small stuff in boxes. I did buy a few in Target's dollar section for this purpose. I think your post may have been the little push I needed to actually do it!

P.S. I just came across your blog. Love it!