'Starry Night' Nail Tutorial

    |
van gough starry nights
image via WeHeartIt

Many people know of Vincent Van Gogh's painting, Starry Night. To alleviate my boredom today, I decided to re-create this painting...on my nails!

What you will need:
-The following nail polish colors: navy, light blue, and gold glitter. Of course, any brand /replica of what I have will work. :)
-A tiny chunk of a sponge. I got mine by cutting off a chunk of our dish washing sponge (sorry, roommate!)

Directions:
1. Paint each nail with your navy polish.
2. After the navy polish has dried, take the sponge and apply a coat of light blue polish on to one side of it.
3. Stamp the polish on to desired nail(s) to create a speckled look.
4. After the coat of light blue polish has dried, apply the gold glitter polish. The gold glitter top coat is intended to smear the light blue polish to create a blended, streaky effect.

P.S,
For all you Justin Bieber fans, Nicole by OPI will be coming out with a collection of JB inspired nail polish. There are no signs of swatches yet, but they should be hitting the cyber world soon! Supposedly, only Target and Wal-Mart will be carrying them first. But don't fret if you don't live by either of those stores, because the collection is expected to take over other locations shortly after. Google "Justin Bieber nail polish" for more details on color names, release dates, etc.

vincent van gough starry nights nail tutorial, only gold for me by sephora by opi, sponging nail art technique

vincent van gough starry nights nail tutorial, only gold for me by sephora by opi, sponging nail art technique
left to right: L.A. Girl Flare 'Navy' F21 $3 (wear a base coat with this brand. it tends to stain.) //gold glitter: Sephora by OPI  'Only Gold For Me' $9 //China Glaze 'For Audrey' $6 SALE

Elle Magazine: "What do you do for a living?"
Gabourey Sidibe: "I am awesome... for a living."

7 comments

iloveyouvalentine said...

what a cute idea! i've never really thought about making nail art out of timeless paintings!
great inspiration :)

Robbie said...

Such a cute idea! I love this painting, reminds me of primary school when we all tried to recreate it. Needless to say, our 7 year old interpretations weren't quite so good!
Thanks for your lovely comment, would love you to follow. Am now following you.
xxx

www.theothersideofthepondmydear.blogspot.com

Robbie said...

Fab idea, this painting always reminds me of primary school when we all had to recreate it. Needless to say, our 7 year old interpretations weren't nearly as good!
Thanks for your comments, would love you to follow. Am now following you.
xxx

www.theothersideofthepondmydear.blogspot.com

Pamela said...

That's really impressive. I can barely paint a coat of gloss on my nails, much less anything as fancy as this. Yay you!

http://greatwhitetee.blogspot.com/

PearlsandPolitics said...

This is SOOOOO cute and a GREAT idea girl!
I literally saw this on my dashboard and shreaked because I was so excited. THEN I realized it was you who created this post which made me even more excited! :)

ps. I have "tagged" you in my latest post
HAHA

Tesa said...

amazing!

alexandra said...

Oh, thank you so much! i really appreciate your compliments, thanks thanks again! Have a nice day, by thw way how did you find my blog? Funny! /Alexandra sweden,