Guacamole Made Easy

    |

A few weeks ago, I had a three avocados in the fridge that I didn't have any use for. My roommate suggested I make guacamole out of them. The recipe turned out to be really simple. So, if you are like me and aren't the best at cooking, you can take satisfaction in knowing that this recipe is fail proof.

What you will need:
  • one avocado
  • pico de gallo (the store bought kind works the best for this recipe)
  • a pinch of salt
  • at least a 1/4 of a lemon
Steps:
  1. Cut the avocado in half horizontally and scoop out the insides with a spoon, into a bowl.
  2. Begin mashing with a fork until desired texture is achieved.
  3. Add 2 tablespoons of pico de gallo, making sure not to scoop in too much liquid.
  4. Add a pinch of salt and a tablespoon of lemon juice. It is recommended that you "taste as you go".
  5. Stir ingredients until desired outcome is obtained.



14 comments

Terry said...

I love guacamole. I haven't yet tried it since I came down with candida but now that things are better and especially after I see this recipe... I am going to have to try it. Thanks for posting it. Terry

BTW I am following you, just incase you have any more great recipes up your sleeve

KristiMcMurry said...

YUMMY! Guac is one of my favorites :)

Hannah @ The New Black said...

Oooh, yum! I do love me some guac. That is the biggest pit I've ever seen! I use lime in guac, but never lemon...I'll have to try it out.

theTsaritsa said...

Guacamole is just one of those foods that I can eat all of the time. Love the simple recipe. YUM!

http://www.theTsaritsasez.com/

Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark said...

i loooooove guacamole! your pictures are stunning.

20 York Street said...

That looks healthy and delicious and more importantly for me - easy!

Xox

Silver Strands said...

Avocados ... my all time favorite food!
oxoxo
Denalee

KcomeKarolina said...

yummi!!!
it's so awsome to recive comments from you! can't wait for a new one! have you seen k come karolina on bloglovin, facebook and twitter?

xoxo from rome
K.
http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

style'n said...

absolutely love guacamole with garlic, tabasco, salt, pepper, cilantro and onions!!! Happy Thanksgiving!

aki! said...

Hi! I'm a new follower from seven-percentsolution.blogspot.com

That guac looks delicious. You've made me crave some even though it's nine in the morning here. My problem with making guacamole myself is that I never pick out avocados that are ripe enough. Haha.

2Anchor said...

I cannot express to you how much I love guacamole! I'm going to have to try this because it is super simple!

http://2anchor.blogspot.com

Closet Hound said...

I love guac, but I've never thought about using Pico de Gallo before when making it. I just used to cut up my own tomatoes, onions, cilantro, green onions, etc... and then I usually end up crying by the end of the process because onions (AND green onions, too!) really, really do make you cry (if you cut enough of them, haha). Next time, I'll know better.

- Sharon

Lucy, Dear Fish said...

Yum that guac looks delicious! I am in love with avocados right now!

gingerSnap said...

healthy choice! My week is not complete without it. It's good for the skin. Thanks that you share this recipe.