The Truth About Forever

    |
I wish I had more time to read for fun. The other day, while taking a study break, I came across this quote:

I couldn't help but to obsess over how true the meaning behind it was. Wanting to find out more, I Googled  "the truth about forever". Turns out, it is a book by Sarah Dessen, a famous American author who has written a number of fiction novels for young adults. Even better, my roommate has the book stashed away somewhere in our coat closet. I am really tempted to do some treasure hunting this weekend.

image via Good Reads

Here is a description of the book:
Macy's summer stretches before her, carefully planned and outlined. She will spend her days sitting at the library information desk. She will spend her evenings studying for the SATs. Spare time will be used to help her obsessive mother prepare for the big opening of the townhouse section of her luxury development. But Macy's plans don't anticipate a surprising and chaotic job with Wish Catering, a motley crew of new friends, or ... Wes. Tattooed, artistic, anything-but-expected Wes. He doesn't fit Macy's life at all--so why does she feel so comfortable with him? So ... happy? What is it about him that makes her let down her guard and finally talk about how much she misses her father, who died before her eyes the year before? Sarah Dessen delivers a page-turning novel that carries readers on a roller coaster of denial, grief, comfort, and love as we watch a broken but resilient girl pick up the pieces of her life and fit them back together. 

Have any of you read this?

p.s, Sorry for being a horrible blogger lately. My life has gotten really busy once again. I'll update and comment everyone back as soon as possible! Please don't give up on me! :)

9 comments

Mugdha said...

I haven't read it, but it sounds good! I might pick up a copy this weekend too and we should discuss!

Jasmine Iris said...

i love sarah dessen and she is from my state haha. she also is a professor at chapel hill. the book is wonderful! if you like that one..def check out the others.

xo

Justine said...

I read this book years ago! I loved it. I should read it again when school allows :(

Just Better Together

lizzie said...

some of the books which are now my favorites I have found through people posting reccomendations/quotes/about them on blogs! so I get verrry excited whenever something like this comes along, it is so lovely when you hear about a book that sounds gets you excited before youve even read it. Let us know what its like when you're done? And I'll deffo add it to the reading list! x

Mimi said...

this book is one of my absolute favorites ever!!! if you get the chance, please please read it, you're gonna love it. :D

p.s. i am a new follower. :)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

Eleanor said...

sounds good... i'lll have to read it!! :) xx http://improcrastinate.blogspot.com

Mugdha said...

Just found out that one of my roommates has the book too!! Yay!

little rambling rose said...

I havent read it but sounds good. I love that quote couldn't be truer X

The Owl's Closet said...

What a beautiful quote! Thank you for sharing this inspiration:) I've never read the book before, but I'm intrigued;)

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com