|images via Polyvore|
To be honest, when the menswear trend first reached the peak of its popularity this year, I wasn't the biggest fan of it. That is, until I realized it was possible to embrace oxfords, blazers, and slouchy tees without feeling extremely masculine. Here are some tips and tricks that helped sway my initial opinion:
- Focus on pieces that are form-fitting and flattering to your body
- Add girly accents: lipstick, polished nails, a smokey eye, pumps, lace undershirts, and sequins!
- Style your hair in a classic ballerina bun, curls, or make it sleek straight
- Choose a menswear piece with a pretty print (ex: floral oxfords)
- Incorporate one piece at a time
To see an example of someone who embraces this trend like a pro, check out Karla's Closet.
|image via WeHeartIt|