Less Is More

    |
As poor college students, my roommate R and I had to resort to sharing a room this year. I went to bed around midnight last night, but woke up in response to R trying to get me to listen to 'Just Want You To Know' by The Backstreet Boys (it's a long story that I just might share later on). When I didn't respond to her efforts, she decided to pull all the blankets off my bed, causing me to slide on to the floor. To retaliate, I pulled her mattress cover and memory foam from her bed and threw them across the room. I would have gone further but as soon as I saw her dragging my mattress out towards the living room, I had no choice but to stop her. We were both laughing uncontrollably throughout this entire ordeal.

She lost her bus pass today and as blackmail for last night, I let her use mine in exchange for some outfit photos.

t-shirt: Urban Outfitters //cardigan: Old Navy //Jeggings: unknown //Boots: Steve Madden 'Troopa' //headband: Anthropologie

I really admire the simplicity of this outfit. Without being in-your-face-obnoxious, the rhinestones of the headband give her a little glamour and the t-shirt adds color. Let's face it. Sometimes, less is more.



Oh, and I think I sprained my foot from trying to look cute on New Years eve (that's a long story too). Do any of you have any recommendations on what to do? I'm trying not to go to the doctor because 1. I have no way of getting there, and 2. My injury doesn't seem that bad. I looked online and found a funny acronym going by the name of RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevate), which is what I've been doing for the past 24 hours. I feel like it's getting better, but would still like some input since this has never happened to me. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. :) Thank you!

XO,
SWEATshirt DRESSshirt

21 comments

Mugdha said...

Adore the headband! And I hope your foot gets better! Lots of ice, definitely, and also, maybe get some athletic or gauze tape and wrap it so it doesn't move around too much when you're out. Take it easy.

Anonymous said...

rice is the way to go. as for the ice part: 15 minutes on/ fifteen off. hope your foot feels better soon!

adorablydeliciouslp.blogspot.com

Abby said...

I think the RICE is really the way to go. I think you could also take some medications to have the swelling/inflammation go down. Tylenol? I hope it feels better soon! If it doesn't get better for a while, definitely go see the doctor to make sure it isn't anything bad.

Alex said...

I love those combat boots! I just got some myself and have to stop myself from wearing them everyday! They can go with practically anything and they're comfy! Hope your foot feels better!

forksnfindings.blogspot.com

Alyssa May Edwards said...

I love this outfit idea and you and R sound just like me and my best friend! I hope you feel better ASAP!&hearts:

xoxo,
Alyssa

Moniek said...

I love your cute headband ^^

Samantha said...

Yep, RICE! I think it's 15-20 minutes on and off. Hope it gets better!

-Samantha

http://thisfashionista.blogspot.com

AllyM said...

hahahahaa, something to the degree has happened in my apt a couple summers ago. So fun! Ouch, I hope your foot gets better. I'm a total baby when it comes to pain so I would be at the doctor getting pain meds:)

Cindy Yang Lee said...

Thanks for the nice comment! I like to keep things really simple :P and I love those combat boots. I'm thinking about getting a pair :)

Kinsey Michaels said...

the headband and boots look great. that's funny you convinced her into getting outfit pics taken :)
i hope your ankle feels better, that's no fun. i actually slipped and fell on my back (on pavement!) today, shortly after some snow had fallen. ugggggh!

peacecoffeeandfeathers said...

Thanks for the comment!
Once you go to Starbucks, you just gotta go back haha. I never tried the egg nog drink though, I HATE egg nog, maybe next year I will be brave enough to try it though, everyone say's its yummy.

Your roommate has a cute outfit, I hope she finds her bus pass, lol.

Keep up the RICE, I hope the injury goes away!

M.

Yours Truly said...

My favorite quote from this last post: "I think I sprained my foot trying to look cute on New Years eve." Hahah, yeah fashion HURTS!

You have friends that go to Eastern? Now way! Yes, I am from Spokane WA. Eastern is like 20 minutes from me. Where are you from? :) So cool your actually know Eastern!

(I know its hard writing back and forth, so you can comment on this, and I will subscribe to this post :)

Stephanie
www.stephanieandsuch.blogspot.com

SWEATshirtDRESSshirt said...

Stephanie: i don't mind writing back and fourth, but if you prefer to do it this way, that is a-ok with me. :)

yeah, i definitely know eastern! i applied there for undergrad, but ended up choosing a different college in washington to go to. i almost went to WSU, i'm sure you know that one too! i also have friends who go there, and central. that is so cool that we live kinda-sorta close! i'm from seattle.

did you attend the game in person? i have yet to attend a college football game... but i heard they are amazing!

Yours Truly said...

Oh we can do this back and forth, I don't care :)

I can't believe you are from Seattle, way cool. I am headed there this weekend for my Birthday! And wsu, woohh, goo cougs!

I love that we made this connection :)

Stephanie

Mimi said...

your roommate story is so fascinating to read! and that headband is soooo pretty! :D

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

Brittany said...

ooh can I have those boots :)Thank you so much for your comment, my boyfriend actually takes my pics and he just got a Canon 5d Markii camera the quality is pretty crazy!

http://ittybittybomb.blogspot.com/

Yours Truly said...

and no i did not attend the game in person. i wish!!!

Chloe said...

LOOVE that headband....and hope all goes well with your foot! I usually ice, but also do a quick tape-job. Just to give it some more stabilization.

chloe ** http://flowerponychloe.blogspot.com

andy & lo said...

love love loving this blog!
now a follower :)
i'm literally copying and pasting outfits into word for wardrobe inspiration. haha
thank you for REALISTIC & stylish outfits

thomessa said...

Love her boots and headband!!! Sorry about you ankle but I would just stick to the RICE thing! :) Hope you get better!

Nadia Aboulhosn said...

your combat boots are to die for!