Material Girl

    |
I hope everyone had a wonderful MLK day, especially those of you who were lucky enough to have the day off! I've been trying to catch up on a lot of your guys' new posts as well as school work. Life has been busy lately, but oh so good. I know I say this often, but I wanted to let everyone know that I am so grateful to have met all of you and that I think about you guys often. I'm planning on doing a giveaway soon as a "thank you". More details to come. Here is today's post:

In life, sometimes you need to let yourself enjoy materialistic things. I am always hearing this-and-that about the insignificance of possessions. But let's face it. Possessions can make life easier, and overall, more enjoyable, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

A few of my current favorite things:
1. Lauren Conrad's Style book
2. My bed at my parent's house
3. Television
4. Dr. Scholl's For Her high heel inserts: these have changed my life.
5. Conair Infiniti You Curl curling iron (watch this video to see what this iron can do).

*I bought every single one of these things with my own money and am not being compensated for my opinions. This post is solely for inspiration and entertainment. :)






And for something a little less "matieralistic" (because these types of things are important too), here is a list of songs I didn't get a chance to post for yesterday's MUSIC MONDAY:

1. 'Light A Way' He Is We
2. 'Maybe' Ingrid Michaelson
3. 'Pollen and Salt' Daphne Loves Derby
4. 'Beautiful' Trading Yesterday
5. 'Assassin' John Mayer

This week's music selection was inspired by iloveyouvalentine. Be sure to check her out!

11 comments

Jasmine Iris said...

daphne loves derby <3!
i also love my bed at my parents house.

:)

Mugdha said...

Lauren Conrad's Style book is amazing. I read the whole thing in one sitting at the bookstore and she has SO many good tips (that I wrote down haha)!

Pearls&Politics said...

Did you not get Monday off!?

Justine said...

Thank you for reminding me about the Dr Souls for Her. I have one in a pair of 1/2 too big heels. I think I'll pull them out :)

Just Better Together is having a giveaway!

BeautyH2T said...

I got Lc's book for Christmas and just have not read it yet- I will definately be doing that this weekend!

Also I have the curlers ( or v similar to) and they are incredible!

Hope you are well lady

Bx

Priscila Santana said...

Hi!

I´m from Brazil!
Cute blog you have! I following you! I love Lauren Conrad!!!

Check out my blog
xoxoxo

Pri

modamusthave.blogspot.com

Alexis Kaye said...

I love your blog! So cute!!!

iloveyouvalentine said...

ahhh! thank you for mentioning me! :D
this makes me so happy!
i'll be sure the return the favor :)
and keep checkin back on the music! i've been so busy with school lately but i'm planning on adding a bunch of new songs to the playlist :)

J'aime Renee said...

I have LC's book sitting on mt bookshelf waiting its turn to be read. I can'y wait to finish my book and pick it up!!

jaimereneestylista.blogspot.com

maggeygrace said...

That's my favorite Ingrid song! Apart from You and I! I also love Daphne Loves Derby. I want to read "Style" so badly!

Viv said...

i like the photos :)

the deborah lippmann nail polishes are expensive!! haha i got this in a set with two other non glitter ones for 25... figure at least i'll get some other nail polishes out of it :)


myblissisthisway.blogspot.com