Skin Routine

    |
In the past, I have made several posts about the love-hate relationship I have with my skin that mostly consisted of hate. Well, I have some good news. I finally found a routine that works for me! I've learned that for my type of skin (oily and very sensitive), the best routine is a simple one. All of the products I use are pictured below.

Random tips for sensitive skin:
  • If you don't already have a makeup remover, I highly suggest you work one into your routine (especially if you use liquid foundation). My favorite is Clinique's Wash Away Gel Cleanser.
  • A great face wash I would recommend is Cetaphil. If you have skin problems like me, and have tried virtually everything under the sun, I would suggest giving this one a chance. Sometimes it's best to shy away from those harsh acids and peroxides. Warning: Cetaphil does not remove makeup very well.
  • For a natural glow, exfoliate at least once a week. I usually use 3 uncoated aspirins (asprin has salicylic acid in it) every other night as a face scrub.
  • If you have oily skin, a good moisturizer a consultant at Sephora introduced to me is Murad's Oil-Control Mattifier. This product works wonders. I highly recommend asking your local Sephora for samples to try it out.
  • A good product to use for acne scarring is Mederma. It's a bit pricier than other drugstore products, so if you wanted to get the one without sunscreen, just so you know... it works the same.
  • Having a sunscreen for your face is important (obviously). A good one, especially for Summer, is Clinique's Redness Solutions green-tint daily protective base.
  • Make sure all of your products are oil-free.
  • And lastly, an apple a day, keeps the dermatologist away. I've been eating 1+ apples a day for almost 3 months now, and it has really made a huge difference on my skin.




8 comments

Alex said...

Thanks for sharing! I'm always looking for new tips to keep my skin clear, I love that you use Aspirin as a facial scrub... I'm definitely going to try that! Congrats on finding a routine that works :]

Mugdha said...

Hmm, I think I have the same skin type as you (and a lot of the same routine). Thanks for the apple tip! I think I might give it a try!

Closet Hound said...

I also have a love-hate relationship with my skin. Late night cram sessions and junk food binges don't help, either. I love the aspirin mask! I haven't had a chance to do it lately, but I'm trying to work it into a weekly routine. Sunscreen is definitely important, and I'm going to try to get my hands on the Mederma product!

Also, just a quick addition to your list, drinking lots of water really does do wonders, too.

- Sharon

Laurita P said...

thanks for the tip about apples, i had no idea!

http://adorablydeliciouslp.blogspot.com/

BeautyH2T said...

glad you have something working for you, I am a cetaphil and aspirin girl too- now dying to try out that scar gel- I have some really bad ones at the mo,

xxxxx

Brittany said...

Great tips! I knew I loved apples for a reason ;)

aki! said...

I have a lot of skin problems too, but unfortunately, they're quite the opposite of yours.

Samantha Joy said...

Thanks for posting this! im going to try all of these products. I have so much trouble with my skin espec. on my jaw line and my cheeks. Its not horrible but its red and just annoying. I have oily sensitive skin too so Im going to pick up the stuff you posted and try it out! watch my blog im going to see how it works out :)