In the past, I have made several posts about the love-hate relationship I have with my skin that mostly consisted of hate. Well, I have some good news. I finally found a routine that works for me! I've learned that for my type of skin (oily and very sensitive), the best routine is a simple one. All of the products I use are pictured below.
Random tips for sensitive skin:
- If you don't already have a makeup remover, I highly suggest you work one into your routine (especially if you use liquid foundation). My favorite is Clinique's Wash Away Gel Cleanser.
- A great face wash I would recommend is Cetaphil. If you have skin problems like me, and have tried virtually everything under the sun, I would suggest giving this one a chance. Sometimes it's best to shy away from those harsh acids and peroxides. Warning: Cetaphil does not remove makeup very well.
- For a natural glow, exfoliate at least once a week. I usually use 3 uncoated aspirins (asprin has salicylic acid in it) every other night as a face scrub.
- If you have oily skin, a good moisturizer a consultant at Sephora introduced to me is Murad's Oil-Control Mattifier. This product works wonders. I highly recommend asking your local Sephora for samples to try it out.
- A good product to use for acne scarring is Mederma. It's a bit pricier than other drugstore products, so if you wanted to get the one without sunscreen, just so you know... it works the same.
- Having a sunscreen for your face is important (obviously). A good one, especially for Summer, is Clinique's Redness Solutions green-tint daily protective base.
- Make sure all of your products are oil-free.
- And lastly, an apple a day, keeps the dermatologist away. I've been eating 1+ apples a day for almost 3 months now, and it has really made a huge difference on my skin.