Classic Trends

    |
While looking through some old photo albums the other day, I came across a picture my mom took of me in our old backyard. I was about 6 years old, and in a floral dress. 'Floral print, huh?'... I thought to myself. It just goes to show, some trends never die. Here is that picture:


Flash forward 15 years to this past weekend. One of my best friends and I were rummaging through the clearance section of Urban Outfitters and found the most adorable FLORAL scarf for a bargain price of $10! --and of course, we don't call ourselves the 'Super Twins' for nothing. We both ended up getting it.

army green shirt-jacket: Staring At Stars via Urban Outfitters //tank: Old Navy $5 SALE //scarf: Pins and Needles via Urban Outfitters $10 SALE //necklace: Nordstrom B.P. //legging pants: Jolt via Nordstrom B.P. $25 SALE //nail polish: China Glaze



I can understand why fashion refuses to break up with floral print. It's feminine, chic, can be worn at any time of year, and at any age. It is a classic and timeless print that is here to stay... I hope. ;)


text and triangle images via Polyvore

9 comments

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh the scarf is so pretty but so is that dress!!

emma basilone said...

love the scarf =) I am looking for some more floral patterns in my closet (maybe after 30/30?!)

thanks for visiting my blog, I am a new follower of yours! Feel free to follow back <3

http://behindtheleopardglasses.blogspot.com/

Justine said...

Floral is here to stay :)

Just Better Together
come check out the shoe giveaway!

Alyssa May Edwards said...

I totally have pictures of me in floral dresses when I was little too! Gotta love floral, it will never die!♥

xoxo,
Alyssa

ps. I love your toenail polish!

Melissa Stevens said...

You know, I honestly think I had that same floral dress when I was a little girl. Hilarious! And I love the scarf, I can't pull off a scarf ever, but I seriously envy those who can, and you can!!!
Melissa

Monica said...

Floral's are gorgeous! I can't wait to see flowers blooming outside.
That outfit and scarf are gorgeous, and for $10 from UO, you are lucky! I can never find anything cheap there.

sherri lynn said...

i love that scarf! thanks for following my blog, i now follow yours :)

Jasmine said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Your blog is so cute! I can't wait to read more!

I completely agree about floral being here to stay! I just wore a floral dress to my bridal shower last weekend... and this week I choose floral shirts like twice haha.

I love the scarf!

styled by 3 said...

LOVE the scarf!! excellent find! adorable blog,
we're following!!

~liz