Frasier Torte

    |

Whenever I'm feeling down, I like to think about all of the things in my life that I am lucky to have. One of those things is my best friend, B. I could go on and on about what makes him so great, but for the sake of space, I'll just share a few things for now: he always makes me laugh, is one of the few straight guys I know of that likes Miley Cyrus and Taylor swift, and is an excellent pastry chef.

When B was here last week for his Spring Break, he made a Frasier Torte for his grandma's birthday. Pretty sweet, huh? To give a little background, 'fraise' is French for strawberry. The middle of this torte is yellow cake filled with mixed berry Bavarian Cream, while the top is a thin layer of Marzipan mixed with green food coloring.

If any of you are interested in knowing how to become a pastry chef, e-mail sweatshirtdressshirt@yahoo.com or comment below with questions. :)



*All pictures by B.

The little thing I am appreciating today is: during an interview/oral presentation, the moment your anxiety resides, and confidence takes over.

EDIT: thank you to Erin of Erin's Lucky Stars for pointing out the spelling mistake. ;)

4 comments

Regan said...

This looks so yummy!! :)

Mugdha said...

Yay for confidence in interviews! :)

Yours Truly said...

oh my can i come over right this second?? Hmm I think I want this recipe. My mom thinks I have gone crazy, but all I read is cook books these days haha. I actually really like cooking!!

Looks SO yummy!!

xoxo
stephanieandsuch

Melissa Stevens said...

I found your blog through my good friend Ally! That looks so delicious, cooking stuff like that is so fun! Cute blog! Consider me your newest follower! :)

melstevens1.blogspot.com