For A Reason

    |
I've been told numerous times in my life that "everything happens for a reason." Up until now, I have been pretty annoyed (and that is an understatement) with the concept. Mainly because, when something bad happens, understanding and accepting it is the last thing I want/am able to do. I think this holds true for a lot of people.

image via WeHeartIt

As I look back on past relationships (and why they didn't work out), academic decisions, and other major events in my life, what didn't make sense then, makes a whole lot of sense now. Many things have happened to me this school year. A brief rundown of the negative things: I was rejected from half of the graduate schools I applied to, one of my best friends and I are no longer friends (at least that's what it feels like), and there was a point in time where I was extremely depressed. As for the positive things (these happened more recently): I was accepted to my #1 choice for graduate school, I am slowly coming to terms with the death of my first pet, I started seeing an amazing guy who treats me with more kindness and respect than I deserve (he is even interested in learning more about Taylor Swift!), I reached 175+ friends on my blog, I learned how to be more open with people, I grew up (sorta), and currently, I am the happiest I have been in a long time.

I know that I will encounter moments in the future that I will yet again, not be able to wrap my head around, but for now, I'll just sit back, and appreciate how things fell into place. So, for those of you who are confused as to why certain things are happening to you, all I can say is: for now, enjoy the ride. Seek the positive things in your life, embrace them, and just know that you will understand if not most, all the reasons as to why things happened the way they did, in the future. It will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end.


I love you guys. Thank you for all of the support and sweet comments.

11 comments

Mugdha said...

This is such a sweet, inspirational, and heart-warming post. Here's to many more days for you of happy happy happy and Taylor Swift. :)

Anonymous said...

What an inspiring post! It makes me feel like all the misery in my life right now will one day be a sad memory. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Alyssa May Edwards said...

I totally agree with your views and yes everything happens for a reason and if it is not OK it is not the end. I love that. I am so happy that you are in a good place in your life right now. Happy Monday!♥

xoxo,
Alyssa

AllyM said...

Thank you for this. Having those negative things happen to us really brings us down, but seriously there is so much happiness out there. We need to remember that we all truly deserve to be happy!

congrats on grad school. SERIOUSLY awesome!!

aki! said...

"If it's not OK, it's not the end."

That... that's great. Especially when I'm reading blogs and applying to jobs. Thanks.

Actually, I can't really express how I feel. "Thanks" doesn't cut it. But it's all I got for now.

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Wow how awesome on grad school and how great that he likes you so much that he is willing to learn more about Taylor Swift! You have such a good head on your shoulders and looks like you are really being Blessed by things just falling right into place for you.I am so glad.

ben+alex said...

congratulations on grad school! that is such a huge accomplishment and you should be so proud of yourself.
also, i know this award has gone back and forth and you've received it a million times but gave you a should out on my blog!

Becca said...

agree on this post 100%
congrats!!

*your daily dose said...

i was listening to tswift this morning and totally thought of you! keep your chin up. the positives always out weigh the negatives- thank heavens! and congratulations on grad school. that is one of the greatest accomplishments ever. i really envy you. wish i could say i was going to grad school. maybe someday :)

happy hump day!

~makall

Noortje said...

nice post! you write nicely
xo

Nicole C said...

awesome quote, cute blog... im a new follower~
www.lovelyinfluence.com