Kindness

    |

The concept of kindness has always blown my mind. More so, kindness that comes from other people in the most unexpected situations. I interviewed for a graduate program earlier this week, and it didn't turn out to be like the typical interview session I had pictured. I found myself surrounded with a large group of amazing individuals who, like me, had a passion for helping others. As typical as "a passion for helping others" sounds, these people took it to a whole other level. The day could have easily turned into a competitive mess. However, personally, I felt warmth, compassion, and integrity woven throughout the aura of the room. I feel humble in knowing that there are so many people out there with such genuine character. This day reminded me a lot of the blogging world, because all of you guys, without a doubt, fit this description as well.

Speaking of kindness, about a month ago I entered a contest held by Chanel of Chanel Craves, and won! She so kindly shipped to me the prize, which was a China Glaze shatter nail polish. I've always wanted a nail polish like this, and now, well, I finally own one! Thank you so much, Chanel! If you guys get a chance, please go visit her page. She has an amazing fashion sense.



I hope you are all having a great weekend!

8 comments

emma basilone said...

<3 this! I have the OPI one. It is amazing!

http://behindtheleopardglasses.blogspot.com/

Lucy, Dear Fish said...

That is such cool nailpolish! Now I want to go out and buy some! It looks great!

Justine said...

I hope your interview went well! I'm glad you didn't feel the pressure from everyone around you.

Just Better Together
come check out the XL Pet Pillow giveaway!

Closet Hound said...

Aww congratulations on winning the nail polish!

I'm also surprised at the amount of kindness, and "passion for helping," in the world - but it's a pleasant, and a really good surprise. I'm glad that you experienced one of those surprises :) It's always a good feeling, and can transform the day for the better.

- Sharon

Chanel Craves said...

Yay you finally got the package. Glad you love the polish! XOXO

Mugdha said...

I've been dying for some Shatter, man. It looks great on you! The amount of "passion for helping" is always a nice reality check. Just when you think people suck, they come out and surprise you with some amazing work of kindness!

Rhiannon Ecsedy said...

i really need to get in on this shattered looking nail polish trend. it looks awesome!

stylishinsuburbia.blogspot.com

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Congratulations on winning. The nail polish looks awesome.Glad that your interview went well!!