Some Kind of Fairytale

    |
After reading comments from lovely bloggers AllyMugdha and Becca, I realized something. I have yet to update all of you on the guy I had mentioned herehere, and here. If you don't feel like reading through all of those blog posts, here is a brief rundown on what I am talking about:

From September 2010 to March 2011, I was enrolled in a psychology class. In that psychology class, was a really cute guy who just so happened to be intelligent and witty too. The perfect package? I think yes! I knew I had to talk to him. Flash forward to the last day of class. He was still oblivious of my existence. Big time FAIL. I told myself that if I didn't explicitly ask him out within the week, I would never get another chance. That was enough of an incentive for me to compose an email confessing everything I had on my mind and hit the 'send' button the minute I finished. I got a response the next day... with favorable words. We met for coffee, chatted for 5 hours, and to my surprise, he asked me if I wanted to hang out again. I was beyond ecstatic!!

top: Kimchi Blue $30 via Urban Outfitters //tank: Pac Sun //cardigan: H.I.P. via Nordstrom B.P. //jeggings: Jolt $25 SALE via Nordstrom B.P. //necklace: Nordstrom B.P. $17 //nail polish: 'For Audrey' via China Glaze


Since that first coffee date, we have gone on many other dates (one of which, I wore the outfit you see in the pictures), and even met each other's parents. He and I have so much in common, it's a little ridiculous. We are two peas in a pod.

So, what is the current status between you two, you may ask? We are officially dating! I can't help but to smile, knowing how I made this happen for myself. I don't partake in acts of boldness very often or even at all, which leads me to believe that with a little perseverance, anyone is capable of anything. I hope my story was able to inspire you to go for what you want and SPEAK NOW [Sorry, I just had to make a Taylor Swift reference :)].


8 comments

AllyM said...

This is just great! I'm so happy for you--This is forsure a Taylor Swift moment:)

xoxo

ps. ive been up since 4 watching the royal wedding..now reading this. SO MUCH LOVE in the air hahaha~

Melissa Stevens said...

OH MY GOSH!!! That is soooooooo exciting girl!!! This is inspirational! Maybe one day I can be as awesome as you and take that bold step! Way to go!! I look forward to reading more about your new relationship! P.s. I LOVE that nailpolish, I have been wanting to get a new color just like that for the summer! Hope you have a great day!

Melissa

Mugdha said...

Yay! You're such an inspiration, girl. I'm not sure I could do what you did, but I'm so so happy for you!

aki! said...

I'm so happy for you! I can't believe you've even gone and met each other's parents.

<3

Alyssa May Edwards said...

Yay!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!

xoxo,
Alyssa

Bonnie said...

Congrats on the new boy! It's always exciting to date someone new. :)

LOVE your outfit. I could see myself rocking this look. It's pretty awesome.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Sere no Sekai said...

wonderful outfit! xoxo

Becca and Derek said...

So happy! You'll always remember this outfit! I remember what I wore when my husband and I first kissed over 2 years ago! he he
xoxo