Flash Dance

    |
  


I've been pretty impressed with the Spring and Summer trends of 2011. Who would have thought that feathers from the 70's, and glitter nail polish from our tea-parties-with-teddies days would make such a big comeback?

I showed this crop top to my mom the day I purchased it. Her comments were as follows: "That shirt looks like something you would find in the movie Flash Dance!" I'm not sure if her words were meant to be interpreted in a positive way... or not. Regardless, I'll continue to flaunt the trends she once did, as a teen. The way fashion recycles itself never ceases to amaze me.

One last thing. While surfing the web this morning, I came across the following links. If you just so happen to have a few minutes of free time, I recommend you check them out!
feather image via WeHeartIt, all other images copyright SWEATshirt DRESSshirt

3 comments

Sarah Jane said...

I love your nails! I also love how trends from even my mom's younger days are coming back. My mom grew up during the 50s, 60s, and 70s. I love the trends that are popular for spring. Great post!

Sarah Jane R.
www.sarahjanerstyle.com

Laurita P said...

part of me is really liking these new trends too! the other part of me is hesitant about some of the extreme 70s looks...

Alyssa May Edwards said...

I love this look! And the Urban Feather link=LOVE♥

xoxo,
Alyssa