Stay True

    |
As I was checking my email this morning, I found a heartfelt email from one of my nearest and dearest pals, N. We've known each other since kindergarten, and have been the best of friends for years.

image via WeHeartIt

Her words inspired me to do a little self reflection. I thought about my life, as of late, and realized that I needed to write myself a message about something I had been losing sight of. Here is that message:

When you are dating someone, no matter what, stay true to yourself. Remember to never compensate your values, or make sacrifices that lead you away from the things you love, like your blog and school. It is easier said than done to say no to a dinner date when you have a test the next day, or a simple hour on the phone when you should be getting some sleep. Go into all relationships with a good head on your shoulders and a clear and concise idea of what your expectations are. Enjoy the euphoria and the happiness that comes with dating someone new, but don't get lost in it.

The End.
P.S. Be sure to check out the video for Taylor Swift's 'The Story of Us'. It was released today!!

6 comments

Becca and Derek said...

I LOVE this song- it's so cute! Thanks for the video- I didn't know it came out today!
xoxo

AllyM said...

I actually completely agree with that messsage to yourself. I need to also keep in mind that no matter how awesome the phone call--I need sleep!

I love Taylor Swift's new video!

xoxo
allymullin.blogspot.com

Classy Cute said...

Wow, that video went great with your post. But I completely agree with you, and I hope it inspires others, as it did to me!

Mugdha said...

Good advice! Also, I love this video! My brother showed it to me yesterday and I've probably watched it like a hundred times!

Alyssa May Edwards said...

These words couldn't be more true! I love that.

xoxo,
Alyssa

genevieve, sandbox romance said...

Darling, that is an utterly, utterly perfect message.