Carmen San Diego

    |
The merry-go-round at Mission Beach that reminded me of my childhood.

As some of you may know, I recently returned from a trip to San Diego. My family and I went to Mission Beach, La Jolla, Sea World, the famous San Diego Zoo, and the Fashion Valley Shopping Center; all of which, I highly recommend going to.

The only unfortunate part was that I didn't get very tan-- probably because I was paranoid, and refused to use any sunscreen below 75 SPF. :\

A chocolate/banana crepe.

Comic Con happened to take place the weekend I was in SD.

Sunglasses in front of a souvenir shop in Mission Beach. 

A sleeping Koala. Before my trip to SD, I didn't really like the idea of zoos and places that held wild animals in captivity. However, after seeing how much each of the exhibits at the SD Zoo had expanded, and learning about how well the animals were taken care of, my views have become somewhat impartial.

A pretty sunset.

6 comments

AllyM said...

75 SPF? You are CRAZY! I don't use anything above 15! Looks like your vacation was a b.l.a.s.t!

xoxo

genevieve said...

That koala is the most adorable thing ever. Looks like your trip was a ton of fun!

"The only unfortunate part was that I didn't get very tan-- probably because I was paranoid, and refused to use any sunscreen below 75 SPF."

HAHA. I totally understand; I use 75, too!!

thomessa said...

Your trip looked like fun. I wish I could have been in the same city as comic con! After hearing about the SD zoo, I wanna go. I'm not a big fan of animals being cooped up in zoo's for human fascination.

Alyssa May Edwards said...

I have totally seen all those places that is right where my family stays every year! I'm glad you had fun!

xoxo,
Alyssa

Kinsey Michaels said...

San Diego is so so beautiful. I wish I could still call that city my home. I'm glad you had a great trip!!! Comic Con is one of the funnier weekends to be in SD for since so many attendees dress up for the occasion!

Jane said...

Hi there!
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blogs about Mission Beach in San Diego to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Jane