Hidden Treasure

    |

Yesterday, I cleaned my room; and within the black hole I call my closet, I found many things I had attempted to look for (and obviously failed to retrieve) during the school year: a pair of leggings I had only worn once, sunglasses, a few summer tops (OK-- way more than a few), an old Taylor Swift concert ticket that now resides on my bulletin board, a brand new loofa... the list goes on.

Something else I discovered: a few pairs of old jeans that still fit around the waist, but weren't so flattering down by the feet. I decided it was time for a DIY project.

{ingredients: jeans and scissors}

{decide what length you want your shorts to be, and make the cut a few inches below}

{fold your jeans in half to see how much you need to cut off the other side.}

{fold the bottom of each pant leg up twice. optional: iron the fold.}

9 comments

starsanderin said...

I really like this DIY. I have been going through my stuff at my parents house so lots of de-cluttering myself. Hope your summer is great.

Erin :)

Becca and Derek said...

This is my favorite thing to do. Like seriously. I do it to most of my pants in the summer, and then fall rolls around and I'm like "WOOPS!"

xoxo

AllyM said...

okay. my favorite pair of jeans shorts are an old pair of abercrombie jeans. the best ever. also are you going on vacation?!!

genevieve said...

Closet cleaning is the best. It's simultaneously depressing to realize you didn't magically acquire half of Urban Outfitters when you weren't looking, and inspiring to see just how many things from the 90's you still have.

Love this. Although last time I tried it, my "new" jean shorts ended up looking like a 3-year old had a jolly good time with a pair of scissors. Yours, however, look WONDERFUL.

Kinsey Michaels said...

i love how you recycled those jeans into a cute and wearable pair of shorts!! fun!

Melissa Stevens said...

Ok seriously, that is awesome and you have just inspired me to do this do some of my jeans. I love cute jean shorts during the summer!

Mimi said...

i cleaned my closet too, and i found a lot of stuff as well! it's amazing, haha. ;)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

Peyton @ When All Else Fails Smile said...

Wow, love the way you made the cut off jeans, I may have to copy! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Alyssa May Edwards said...

I love this they are adorable!!!:)