The Lottery

    |

Last week I entered a contest. I dove into it with the mentality that I was going to win, which turned out to be a big mistake. Little did I know, I was up against people with immense amounts of talent, which made for a tough competition.

The winner was announced yesterday morning, and as you have probably predicted... it wasn't me. I was a little disappointed. OK-- a lot. But I didn't waste any time being discouraged, because in reality, this was a blessing in disguise and a learning opportunity. Corny, but true.

Tip #938: Follow your dreams by taking every opportunity that could possibly lead you to accomplishing them. Don't ever think that you aren't good enough, or that you have a lesser chance than anyone else. As long as you are dedicated, possess passion and drive, you will get to where you want in life. I promise.

For those wondering, the contest was for The Beauty Department, a blog run by Lauren Conrad, and her beauty team. Congratulations to Taylor, who won the first guest post slot! You did an amazing job.

P.S. A little off topic, but I re-did my nails!

nail polish: 2-3 coats of 'Only Gold For Me' SEPHORA by OPI //2 coats of 'Mint Sorbet' by Sally Hansen

2 comments

Monica said...

it's okay love, you can't win them all. At least your new nail polish combination looks lovely (:

M.

Alycia (Crowley Party) said...

okay those toes rock :) I also love the color on your hands and the style people are doing now with just the one nail a different color on each hand. Happy to have found your blog :) New follower!