Newfound Loves

    |
There are only a few good things about summer ending, and one of them is getting to re-visit the art of layering. Last fall, I had a tendency to reach for college sweatshirts, and cardigans. My efforts to look nice were definitely lacking, due to a large load of school work. I'm going to try to be different this year, seeing as how I'll be a grown-up in grad school. We'll see how this goes...

Tip #827: Pair together items that you normally wouldn't wear alone. When I saw this blue dress shirt, I couldn't picture myself wearing it anywhere but an interview. I spontaneously paired it with this army green shirt-jacket, and voila! I have a new outfit that I love.

Tip #832: If something that is out-dated fits, and is pretty new, you may want to keep it, instead of donating it. The leopard print shoes you see below, I purchased 4 years ago, during my freshman year of college. I've recently noticed these to be gaining popularity lately, as seen on stars like Kourtney Kardashian, Rihanna, and Cameron Diaz.

shirt-jacket: Urban Outfitters //dress shirt: Mom's Closet, Banana Republic //leggings: 'Jolt' via Nordstrom B.P. //tank top: Carol Anderson //necklace: Nordstrom B.P. //shoes: Payless

6 comments

Diana said...

Those are two great tips, it´s easier to just throw things out and buy something new but definitely a better idea to hold onto the quality items you already have to use at a later date. Good luck with your studies !! ;)

Becca and Derek said...

PUHLEASSE send Fall weather to AZ! I have been craving it for weeks. My house is decorated for Halloween and it's still 110 here! Ugh! You look cute girl- as always!
xoxo

aki! said...

You're absolutely right! That shirt looks like it belongs in this outfit, even though if you were to take the jacket off, I'd advise you to put on a blazer and a pencil skirt.

I tagged for you for a blog award!

Justine said...

These are GREAT tips!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alyssa May Edwards said...

Okay Im officially obsessed with your flats...seriously to die for!!!!!

xoxo,
Alyssa