Candy Corn Nails

    |

Coordinating my nail polish with holidays is something I love doing. Since Halloween is just around the corner, I decided to that there was no better design to use for inspiration than that of a candy corn. The secret to this tutorial is painter's tape.

What you will need
Painter's tape (this works best, but any kind will do)
Scissors
Yellow, Orange, and White nail polish
Optional: Black polish, or another really dark color

Directions
1. Paint the nails you want the candy corn design to be on, yellow.
2. As you wait for the yellow polish to dry, cut out a few small strips of tape.
3. Once the yellow polish is dry, take a strip of the tape, and cover the bottom 1/3 of your nail.
4. Paint the part of your nail that is not covered with tape, orange.
5. Once the orange polish is dry, remove the tape, and repeat step 3. However, instead of covering the bottom 1/3 of your nail, you will want to cover the bottom 2/3.
6. Repeat step 4 with white nail polish.








9 comments

Kate said...

This is so so cute! :)

starsanderin said...

Freaking awesome!!!!

I just did the Chevron so this one I will do next week :)

My students love seeing the nail polish colors!

Erin

lrnshelby said...

Ah! So cute!! I love how you mixed the candy corn look with solid black. Looks great!

Lauren

Alyssa May Edwards said...

I LOVE THIS!!!<3333 Just in time for fall:)

xoxo,
Alyssa

Justine said...

This is cute!

Ashleigh Nicole said...

So festive, love!

xo Ashleigh

www.thedaileigh.blogspot.com

Anna said...

I absolutley LOVE this idea. Its amazing when you find inspiration in the everyday stuff and when that inspiration turns in to an idea and then looks this good, well you know ur on to a winner. Am so going to have to give this a go but will do it with Christmas colours in December :) Thanks for sharing

Anna xo

http://www.lifesshinyprettythings.blogspot.com/

Sara Bell said...

Ahhhhh I love these like crazy! I think I'm going to do my toes like this for my dance class' Halloween party. =]

bringingbackthesweatervest said...

I loved your post! So much so I liked to it at my blog! I wish i was this creative!

Here is the link:
Bringingbackthesweatervest.wordpress.com