Don't know what to get your significant other for his birthday? I didn't either, until I realized I had the ideas in front of me all along. In case anyone else ran into a similar problem, I decided to convert my thought process into a post.
When looking for a gift for your significant other, consider the following:
- What is his favorite thing to eat? If you can cook/bake this thing, you've already got half of a romantic night in, planned.
- Does he have a favorite clothing brand? I read somewhere that guys don't like getting clothes because that's the job of a mother, but you have to remember that every guy is different. I ended up getting my boyfriend a shirt from his favorite brand, Obey, and he loved it.
- A lot of guys enjoy receiving things they need. Does he shave? I recommend Jack Black's 'Beard Lube' via Nordstrom.
- On a budget? A fun idea is to make him a card or scrapbook. Personalized coupons are always great too (ex message: "this coupon is good for a 30 minute back rub").
- Tip: When conversations about materialistic items come up, take note whenever he says "I've been wanting ____ for a while", or anything up that alley. When you give him his gift, he'll be flattered that you listened, which is a gift in itself.
*An important thing to consider is the length of time you guys have been dating. If your relationship is fairly new, I wouldn't recommend making a scrapbook, as that can get very personal. For new relationships, stick to less serious things, like a home-made card, going out to a movie he's been wanting to see (your treat!), or a book/dvd.