Sparks Fly: A Nail Tutorial

    |

While thinking about new ideas for this blog, I decided to combine what I do best, with what I love the most: painting my nails, and Taylor Swift. One of my favorite songs of hers is called 'Sparks Fly'. According to Taylor, it's about a forbidden love, with a whole lot of chemistry.

After seeing her on tour, and listening to her songs more times than I can count (only because I love them so much!), I thought about how I could most accurately translate this song into nail art. This is what I came up with.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED: Nail polish in gold, glitter, and black. The black nail polish should have a thin brush.

STEPS:
1. Paint your nails gold.

2. For extra pizazz, add a coat of glitter polish. I used 'Only Gold For Me' from SEPHORA by OPI.

3. Now for the fun part: the starbursts. Pick a point you want the lines to come out of. Similar to how you would draw the tail part of a check mark, with a quick swiping motion, make a hash mark. Tip: use minimal nail polish, as you want the tips of each line to be pointy and kind of faded.


XO, SWEATshirt DRESSshirt

Click here for the 'Better Than Revenge' nail tutorial.

4 comments

nik said...

Hi, your blog is inspiring! You are a very interesting person. I will follow you!
xoxo

http://nikandpic.blogspot.com/

kate funk said...

How fun!!!!!
velvetcupcakes

kristina@beancakes ★ said...

i love this design! what a gorgeous gold color that is!!
xx ~ kristina

Anonymous said...

this design is super cool! you should send a picture of this design to Taylor Swift herself. no really! i bet she would <3 this!