Take Care

    |


As human beings, we can be greatly impacted by even the smallest stressors in our lives. In class yesterday, several of my classmates presented on ways to take care of yourself physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. I thought I would pass what they had to say on to you guys, because after all, too much self-care is never a bad thing.

Physical
  • Take a walk, or ride a bike.
  • Exercise and stretch at the gym.
  • Sit in the sun for 15 minutes.
  • Change one thing to improve your diet.
  • Take a nap.
  • Get a massage.


Emotional
  • Take a deep breath and think, "I am calm and peaceful."
  • Sing or listen to music you enjoy.
  • Hug someone, or ask for a hug.
  • Pet your dog or cat.
  • Notice what you are feeling several times a day,
  • Write a letter to someone who has hurt you, but don't send it.


Mental
  • Say an affirmation aloud.
  • Read a book or magazine article.
  • Express your thoughts or feelings in a journal.
  • Make a to-do list.
  • List your traits, needs, and wants.
  • Make a list of short-term and long-term goals.


Spiritual
  • Practice daily quiet time.
  • Pray or meditate.
  • Write about your spiritual purpose.
  • Practice unconditional love with yourself, and others.
  • Join a church or support group.
  • Study with a spiritual teacher.

6 comments

jordan said...

I love this list, I may have to make one of my own, thank you for the inspriation! And that photo makes me want to cuddle the heck out of that kitty.

Katya said...

Self-care is so important. After one particularly busy and stressful year that caused oh so many problems I finally learned that the hard way! Thanks for all the awesome tips!


xx
thistimeisacharm.blogspot.com

Vale ♥ said...

Lovely list, all the advice are precious !
You're invited to enter my Chanel & Too Faced Giveaway !
Follow Fashion and Cookies

Alyssa May Edwards said...

These are some great tips especially since the end of the semester is so busy I could use these!!

xoxo,
Alyssa

aki! said...

I so agree, especially with the physical. Sometimes I can feel so bad and in such a rut... until I do something that makes me sweat. Then I feel more clearheaded.

Chanel said...

Love this! Thanks for posting! XO