image via sundayinbed.tumblr.com
As human beings, we can be greatly impacted by even the smallest stressors in our lives. In class yesterday, several of my classmates presented on ways to take care of yourself physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. I thought I would pass what they had to say on to you guys, because after all, too much self-care is never a bad thing.
- Take a walk, or ride a bike.
- Exercise and stretch at the gym.
- Sit in the sun for 15 minutes.
- Change one thing to improve your diet.
- Take a nap.
- Get a massage.
- Take a deep breath and think, "I am calm and peaceful."
- Sing or listen to music you enjoy.
- Hug someone, or ask for a hug.
- Pet your dog or cat.
- Notice what you are feeling several times a day,
- Write a letter to someone who has hurt you, but don't send it.
- Say an affirmation aloud.
- Read a book or magazine article.
- Express your thoughts or feelings in a journal.
- Make a to-do list.
- List your traits, needs, and wants.
- Make a list of short-term and long-term goals.
- Practice daily quiet time.
- Pray or meditate.
- Write about your spiritual purpose.
- Practice unconditional love with yourself, and others.
- Join a church or support group.
- Study with a spiritual teacher.