DIY: Shopping Bag Greeting Cards

    |

While wrapping up my Secret Santa gift last night, I got desperate. I thought I had gotten everything I needed, until I realized I was missing one of the most important things: a card! How else was I supposed to reveal my identity? I was running low on supplies, and didn't feel like going to the store at such a late hour.

After finding several random items in my "office stuff" drawer, I finally put together a plan that didn't turn out half bad.

USING THE FOLLOWING THINGS:
-A Sharpie
-An old greeting card, or a ruler
-A shopping bag made of material resembling the thickness of card stock, or index cards. Be sure there is a lot of blank space.
-Scissors

I DID THIS:
1. Lay your shopping bag flat on a table or floor space.

2. For this step, you can either create a customized sized card with a ruler, or do what I did, and trace the outline of an old greeting card on to one side of your shopping bag.

3. Cut out your card, fold it in half, and voila! You're already more than halfway done.

4. Using a sharpie, draw a pretty design on the front. You may want to put a piece of paper on the inside of the card, or keep it opened, as the ink may bleed through. My design was inspired by a henna tattoo I got at the fair over the summer.



3 comments

Becca and Derek said...

What a good idea! I have used the Anthropologie handles for ribbon before! HAHA

aki! said...

Wow. You did that yourself? You're very talented. But I think I knew that already. I love making my own cards... even though I generally don't put designs on them. They just seem more personal. Not to mention cheaper.

I've never actually been about to sneeze while taking a picture, but definitely have been midblink. Most of the times, I'm midblink.

Justine said...

This is a great idea! I still have the handless bags from Abercrombie saved from maybe 5 years ago...I think I am going to put them to use this year. THANKS!