Tutorial: Candy Cane Nails

    |

Considering how it's been a while since I posted up my last nail tutorial, I decided it was time to pull out my dust-collecting bag of nail polish that I, unfortunately, have little time to play with these days.

Some of you may know that I have a love for festive nails. Well, the holidays are no exception. Modeling after one of my favorite winter treats, I present to you, a candy cane nail tutorial.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED
-Red nail polish (I used Big Apple Red by OPI)
-White nail art polish

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Paint your nails red.
2. Using the white nail art polish, paint a thick diagonal line on your nail, followed by a skinny one.
3. Repeat this pattern one or two more times, depending on the length of your nail. I decided to switch it up by painting the skinny line first every other time, instead of every time.
*Optional: Use glitter polish on the nails you don't paint stripes on (I used a red glitter from F21).

XO,
SWEATshirt DRESSshirt

Happy Holidays!


last image via http://www.flickr.com/photos/happygirltc/4179940278/, other images by SWEATshirtDRESSshirt

4 comments

lrnshelby said...

So cute! I love how you did solid red and red glitter nails as well.

Lauren

Katya said...

Such fun nails! I'm always looking for something different to do, this is great :) Thanks for the inspiration!

xx
thistimeisacharm.blogspot.com

Alyssa May Edwards said...

These are so cute and fun for the holidays!! :)

xoxo,
Alyssa

hennaaah:) said...

Fantastic nais! Very easy to do and festive!

hennaah1996.blogspot.com

xx