In Her Shoes

    |

Growing up, I was never a shoe person. Given a million-dollar shopping spree, I'd pick clothing over shoes. As I've gotten older, I realized the impact a good pair of shoes can make on an outfit (thanks, Carrie Bradshaw!) Which got me thinking... if my winter shoe collection were complete, what would it look like?

Steve Madden 'Troopa': My best friend, R, used to have a pair of these. They're cute, stylish, comfortable, and are pretty reasonably priced. The only bad thing about them is the poorly made sole, which can be fixed with a quick trip to the cobbler's.

Frye 'Melissa Button Back Zip': After owning a few pairs of boots made from man-made materials, I discovered the importance of splurging on real-leather ones... by accident (I had a gift card+access to a sale, and wouldn't have paid full price for these.) After the fact, I can honestly say that real leather has held true to its reputation. These boots in particular, are comfortable, stylish, perfect for narrow feet, and are worth the money.

UGG (classic short): Despite what a lot of people say, I like UGGs. They're convenient for when all you want to wear are sweats, and are also nice-looking enough to wear with jeans and a hoodie.

Steve Madden 'Pammyy' Platform Wedge: The perfect going out shoe, with a fierce amount of height for those under 5'5" girls, like me. Need I say more?

Hunter (original): For those rainy days, and a good substitute for the poorly made rain boots that I've been guilty of purchasing over and over again.

Sam Edelman 'Beatrix' Flat in Leopard: The spikes, leopard print, and black toe = a true delight for my inner fashion self.

3 comments

Tulips & Tulle said...

Love the Steve Madden's! I'd love it if you could stop by Tulips&Tulle sometime!

AL MacD said...

as long as you take care of your leather, they will ALWAYS be worth the investment.

Life's a shoe said...

absolutely love the sam edelman leopard print flats!!