Lavender

    |

Growing up, I never liked the smell of lavender. I found it to be too "herbal", and nothing like the sweet and fruity scents I had come to adore. As I got older, I came to appreciate this flower a bit more. Here is a list of my favorite things to do with it:

1. When dried, it makes a nice and natural air freshener (either have a few stems on a dish, or make a sachet with the buds). Fact: The scent of lavender has been linked to reducing stress.
2. Add a few stems to a gift wrapped in plain paper for a pop of color.
3. Use them to decorate your room.
4. Add a few buds to your next bath (after rinsing them off, of course).
5. Make a pretty bouquet.

4 comments

Girlie Blogger said...

Good idea. Bet it smells really nice. I have always liked lavender.

www.thegirlieblog.com

aki! said...

I used to really dislike this scent but I don't anymore. I haven't grown to love it though.

Stephanie Leann said...

Lavender is so calming, I'm one who loves to use it while in the bath! Something interesting I learned a few years back was that mosquito's don't like the scent so it can be used as a repellent also.

Vittoria @ The Beautiful Things said...

ugh, love lavender!

http://www.the-beautiful-things.com/