I know it's a little premature to be talking about Valentine's day right now, but I just couldn't resist showing you guys this nail tutorial I came up with earlier today... while procrastinating my gigantic paper.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- A Valentine's Day-esque colored nail polish (I used 'Big Apple Red'. My 2nd choice would have been 'Meep Meep Meep'. Both are by OPI and are pictured below)
- A white nail art polish (if you don't have one of these a thin paintbrush will also work)
1. Paint your nails with the base color you selected.
2. Using the white nail art polish, paint a small V anywhere on your nail.
3. Go over the V shape as many times as you need to, expanding the edges a little more with each stroke (keep in mind, the more nail polish you apply, the bigger the heart will get). I wanted to keep mine small, so I only went over them just once or twice more. The part you want to focus on the most is filling in the inside of the V (just a little bit!) to make it look more like a heart.
4. Repeat as needed.
*TIP: for the smaller hearts, the original two strokes you used to make the V will suffice. Going over them too many times may mess them up.