DIY: Toilet Paper Roll Art

    |

After being accepted into graduate school, and moving into my new apartment, I decided that my decor was going to be one thing: sophisticated. That meant letting go of the bulletin board that I had covered in pictures from high school, and the stockpile of Seventeen Magazine clippings I used to adore. 

While on the hunt for pieces to suit my new room, I came across a wall decoration, similar to the one you see above, on Pinterest. Budget friendly, and minimal materials? Yes, please!

TOOLS: toilet paper rolls/paper towel rolls (I had 5 TP rolls and 3 PT rolls), scissors, and staples or glue. If you decide to use glue, you will need paperclips to hold the petals in place while they dry.

DIRECTIONS:
1. Collect as many toilet paper/paper towel rolls as you can. I had 5 TP and 3 PT rolls, which ended up making a flower that was about a foot in diameter.

2. If you are using TP rolls: cut the roll in half, and then cut each half into thirds. If you are using PT rolls: Cut each roll in half, then cut each half into fourths.

3. Arrange 7 petals into a flower-like design, and begin stapling/gluing. Continue to add petals around the design until a desired size is reached.

4. Optional: for a different look, spray paint the entire thing when you are done. In this case, you may not want to use staples, as they will be visible through the paint.



8 comments

Girlie Blogger said...

Very crafty of you. This is such a neat idea.
www.thegirlieblog.com

smk053078 said...

Are you freakin' kidding me? This is genius!! I just don't know if I have the attention span! Will you make me one? ;)

Because Shanna Said So Giveaway

lrnshelby said...

Love this!!

aki! said...

This looks great. But, I think it's one of those projects that I see going really well and then I can't keep it even or something.

Georgina Si said...

What a great idea! Thank you for sharing :)
I may try this and spray it silver or pale pink. Have a lovely weekend!

Miyan said...

you MADE that??? woah. pretty darn cool. might have to try this... i bet you could spray paint it gold or silver for a shiny finish..

Miyan
www.miyan-overseas.blogspot.com

Justine said...

I love it! Congrats on getting into grad school :)

supernovachick said...

Oh, that's clever. Might have to just do this project soon ^_____^

supernovachick.com