Layer It On

    |

The next time you think about picking up a new bottle of nail polish from the store, try layering your old colors first. Layering nail polish can transform colors you already had, to completely new shades. Some ideal combinations include bold/opaque colors underneath, and translucent/shimmery/glitter colors over top. Some of my favorite duos:

lavender + translucent peach (as seen below)
dark purple + gold glitter (as seen here)
mint green + gold glitter
red + red glitter (for the holidays!)
black + 'Luxe and Lush' by China glaze

6 comments

The Wearwithal said...

How cool! Never even though to do this

Lisa said...

I never thought about doing this! Thanks for the tip :)

Alyssa May Edwards said...

Such a good idea!!! I definitely need to start doing this!!! :)

xoxo,
Alyssa

Bonnie said...

I love the look of layered nail polish. It's super fun and different.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Katie @ My Darling Days said...

Great idea! That shimmer looks so good on that purple; gives it an extra punch of color!

Nia Langley said...

Looks good! I like your blog a lot. Would you want to follow each other?

If you follow me (via Google Friend Connect), then comment on any of my posts to let me know you’re following, I'll be sure to follow you back!

Thanks so much! =)

nialangleyspeaks.blogspot.com