Smoke and Mirrors

    |
image via Jolie Tumblr

I always thought that it would be easiest to blog when you're sad. With so many feelings running in and out of your head, you're bound to have something interesting to write about; something that might help other people get through similar situations. Contrary to my belief, sadness actually made me not want to blog. I became occupied with other things, like finding quick fixes to problems that were beyond my control.

They say that no one can make you feel a certain way, unless you let them. This past month, I learned the importance of not letting others get the best of you, and questioning authority when you suspect they are wrong. Moral of my story? When you're in a toxic work environment, the best thing you can do for yourself is to get out of it. Life is too short to worry about small-minded people.

I apologize for being gone for so long, unannounced. I'm happy to say that I'm officially posting once again. Thank you for your patience and support.

XO,
SWEATshirt DRESSshirt

4 comments

Lisa said...

Hey, I'm glad to see you back and I hope you're feeling a lot better. Sometimes all we need is a little break to think things through and move on from whatever situation is bothering us. I hope the best for you dear!

-Lisa

Alyssa May Edwards said...

I hope you are doing better I have missed you!!<3 Everyone needs to take a time out now and again and focus on yourself. I'm here for you!

xoxo,
Alyssa

Sunkissed said...

I'm glad you're relishing life and back to blogging :)

http://www.sunkissed-style-file.blogspot.in

Justine said...

I've missed you. I'm glad you took the time you needed, welcome back!