Aspirin Mask

    |

One of my latest favorite at-home remedies is the aspirin mask. Aspirin, an everyday pain reliever, contains salicylic acid, and when dissolved in water, creates a sandy texture, allowing it to act as an exfoliant. On days where I feel like my skin needs an extra pick-me-up, this mask is definitely the first thing that comes to mind.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED: uncoated aspirin

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Place 4-5 tablets of aspirin in a small dish, or the palm of your hand. Add a few drops of water to them, and wait about 30 seconds for them to dissolve. The consistency should be paste like, and not too watery.
2. Do one of the following: A) Gently rub the mix around your face for 30 seconds, and rinse. B) Add honey to the mix, leave it on for 15 minutes as a mask, gently rub it around your face, and rinse.

TIP: To prevent your skin from drying out, use this mask no more than a few times a week. I have acne prone skin that is used to harsh products-- so I do fine with using it mask every other day.

**CAUTION: Do not use if you are allergic, or are known to have dangerous side effects to aspirin.

4 comments

Alyssa May Edwards said...

OH wow totally trying this!!!:) This is awesome!!

xoxo,
Alyssa

GirlieBlogger@Beauty Fashion Blog Seattle said...

Good idea. I never heard of this before, but it makes total sense.
Seattle Beauty Fashion Blog

AllyM said...

I miss you.

Mugdha said...

I second Ally. =\