Wedding Wonder

    |
see below for accessories

This summer, I attended two weddings, both of which, were very different. The first one was a backyard, sunset wedding: rustic, and laid-back, while the second one was at a tennis club: formal, and ritzy. From the descriptions, I bet you can already tell that I had to find completely different outfits for each one. I definitely struggled when it came to finding outfits, but came out OK in the end. Here are some tips I picked up:
  • Attire-wise, you will find all the information you need in the invitation. Pay attention to it's appearance (i.e., font, type of paper, colors, etc.)-- as it will indicate the the dress code, if it doesn't already explicitly say so.
  • Don't be afraid to experiment with color. Weddings are supposed to be a time of celebration, not mourning, so if you decide to wear all black, be sure to accessorize with brightly colored jewelry.
  • Be conservative. Keep sequins, and sparkles at bay, and dresses at an appropriate length and tightness. As my friend N would say, "This ain't a club!"
  • Absolutely no denim, unless stated otherwise. This might seem obvious, but believe me-- it happens.
  • And last but not least, before you hit the mall, try shopping in your own closet first. I started by searching the mall, and when I couldn't find anything, two dresses I bought last year for graduation ended up working perfectly. Yay for saving money!
One last thing-- I can't make a fashion post without mentioning my BFF, R. The two outfits you see in the picture above, plus the accessories below, were almost identical to what she wore, with the darker colored dress and the white, beaded statement necklace being dedicated to the more formal wedding.

3 comments

Mimi said...

i love the orange dress! the color and the cut are perfect, so beautiful! :)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
The Madelaine Chocolate Company Giveaway
Open internationally: Spirit Ink Tattoo Giveaway

Alyssa May Edwards said...

This is perfect!! If I wasn't in my friends wedding coming up I definitely would need to use this guide!! I hardly ever go to weddings!

xoxo,
Alyssa

Eleanor said...

omg that orange dress is incredible! i just love it! :) xxxx

http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/