see below for accessories
- Attire-wise, you will find all the information you need in the invitation. Pay attention to it's appearance (i.e., font, type of paper, colors, etc.)-- as it will indicate the the dress code, if it doesn't already explicitly say so.
- Don't be afraid to experiment with color. Weddings are supposed to be a time of celebration, not mourning, so if you decide to wear all black, be sure to accessorize with brightly colored jewelry.
- Be conservative. Keep sequins, and sparkles at bay, and dresses at an appropriate length and tightness. As my friend N would say, "This ain't a club!"
- Absolutely no denim, unless stated otherwise. This might seem obvious, but believe me-- it happens.
- And last but not least, before you hit the mall, try shopping in your own closet first. I started by searching the mall, and when I couldn't find anything, two dresses I bought last year for graduation ended up working perfectly. Yay for saving money!
One last thing-- I can't make a fashion post without mentioning my BFF, R. The two outfits you see in the picture above, plus the accessories below, were almost identical to what she wore, with the darker colored dress and the white, beaded statement necklace being dedicated to the more formal wedding.