BFFL = Best Friends for Life

    |

I don't get to see my BFF, R, very often. But when I do, I am always inspired by the way she carries herself. Whether it is the way she encourages me to be myself, her ability to be extremely genuine, or the way she dresses, I frequently catch myself taking notes on how to become a better person when I'm around her.

As I previously mentioned, one of my favorite things about R is her style. Even when she wore blindingly bright colors in high school, I always thought she had amazing taste. Over the years, here is what I learned from R about having great style:
  • Don't be afraid to be bold. Sure, blacks and whites are considered classy, but it is better to express yourself with color.
  • MAC lip stain is a waste of your money. It dries out after a handful of uses.
  • Satchels are a girl's best friend.
  • When you are obsessed with a trend, don't overdo it (e.g., When I used to be really in to striped shirts, R pretty much saved me from wearing them every single day.)
  • Always give trends you hate a reason to hate them. If you don't have a reason, they deserve a fair shot.
  • Allow yourself to buy a pair of fierce shoes, even if you think you'll never wear them, because you will eventually find an event to show them off at.
  • And last but not least, the best person to be inspired by is yourself.

"You are not a real fashionista unless you are willing to risk looking bad." -R

triangle images via Polyvore

6 comments

aki! said...

I have noticed that you really like stripes! But they look really nice on you.

Libby said...

This is such a sweet post! I love finding inspiration through my friends as well. That final quote is so true!
-XOXO-
Libby at http://libbysoutlook.blogspot.com/

Eleanor said...

omg i love this post so much! your friend sounds amazing... i need people like that in my life! :)
xxx
http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

Rachael {all things beautiful} said...

This is too sweet! Sounds like you 2 have such a neat friendship. I have 2 besties like that and couldn't live without them! And what tips to learn from her. Thanks for sharing! Happy Friday!

Alyssa May Edwards said...

I'm pretty sure that is my favorite quote of all times. I will be using that. This is such a sweet post I can see how close you guys are and it makes me so happy!! Have a great weekend love!

xoxo,
Alyssa

Preppy & Funny said...

hey! Like the quote A LOT! haha
Come and have a look at www.preppyandfunny.wordpress.com

New article:
Dear Kings & Queens, I have a gift for you.

http://preppyandfunny.wordpress.com/2012/09/16/125/