Nail Tutorial: We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

    |

In light of Taylor Swift's 3rd record, I decided to create a celebratory nail tutorial. Considering how the album is named after the fiery shade, I felt that there wasn't a more appropriate color for me to choose  than red for the base. This nail tutorial is particularly dedicated to the one song she has released so far-- "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together".

I'll be honest, and say that at first, I didn't like the song. I thought it was different from her usual style, but eventually came to fall in love with its catchiness.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED: 3 different nail polishes--red, gold glitter, and a black nail art one. I used 'Big Apple Red' by OPI and 'Only Gold for Me' by SEPHORA's OPI collection. You will also need a toothpick, or pointed tool (I do not recommend pens).

DIRECTIONS:
1. Paint your nails red.
2. Using the black nail art polish, paint a black heart on to your ring finger.
3. Take the gold glitter polish, and dab a drop of the polish on to a piece of paper.
4. Using your toothpick or pointed tool, pick up pieces of glitter, and place it on the still-wet black heart.
5. OPTIONAL: After you have filled in the heart to your liking, using the black nail art brush, carefully outline the heart. The outline will better define your design, and help the heart look more put-together.

Who else can't wait for October 22nd?




More Taylor Swift nail tutorials:

8 comments

ravenlocks said...

That is SO cute! I love nail art...I do it every now and then :)

Thanks for sharing! I'll definitely have to do this.

xoxo Azu

www.raven-locks.blogspot.com

Eleanor said...

this is so good...! but you know how much i love taylor swift.. almost as much as you! <3
xxx
:)
http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

from head 2 toe said...

I'm obsessed with your nails! So cute! And, the song as well. Where was this song when I wasn't happily married and dealing with complete LOSER boys?!?

Libby said...

I am SOO excited for TaySwift's new CD and love this song. I think this mani captures the essence of the album perfectly! I'm going to have to try this look :)
-XOXO-
Libby at http://libbysoutlook.blogspot.com/

Nora Aradi said...

Amazing nails!

http://mesmemosphotoblog.blogspot.com/

Alyssa May Edwards said...

Taylor Swift+nailart what is better then that!? I love the heart it's gorgeous!

xoxo,
Alyssa

Mens fitted dress shirt said...

Cool!!! I just love the idea

fashion luv by nicole said...

hey! so cute nails! :) like it.
<3

http://fashionluvbynicole.blogspot.com