DIY: Kitty Loafer

    |
black cat flats, diy kitty loafer, charlotte olympia knockoff, diy loafer, cheap cat flats, make your own cat shoes, kitty loafer, crafts for cat lovers, gifts for cat lovers, animal loafers, uses for glitter glue


I've been wanting a pair of kitty loafers for a while now, but couldn't find a pair that supported my budget. So, yesterday, I summoned up my very crafty friend, K, and headed to Target and Michael's. It must have been a lucky day or something, because I ended up getting the last pair of black loafers at Target... in my size, and on sale! Here is a breakdown of the money I ended up saving, as well as step-by-step instructions on how to replicate these beauties.
  • Mossimo loafers via Target: $15.31, Gold fabric glitter+paint pen: $7.00, Total spent: $22.31
  • Charlotte Olympia Kitty Loafers (the exact ones Taylor Swift has!): $695.00
  • $695.00 - $22.31 = $672.69+ saved!

TOOLS: black loafers, scissors, gold fabric glitter glue, gold glitter paint pen (for fabric), painter's tape, and a hot glue gun

INSTRUCTIONS:
Ears 1. Make two ears by cutting into the "tongue" of the loafer. TIP: Begin by cutting the ears wider than you actually want, in case you make a mistake. You can take more off, but you can't add more on.
2. Using the gold paint pen, draw two small triangles on the inside of the ears to define them.
Eyes 3. Cut two cat-eye shapes out of painter's tape for each shoe. Place the cut-outs on both shoes. TIP: Make the shapes smaller than what you want the actual eyes to be, because you will be drawing around them.
4. Using the gold paint pen, outline the painter's tape cut-outs with small dots.
Nose 5. Using the leftover fabric from when you cut out the ears, cut out two triangles. Color each nose with the gold paint pen. When the paint has dried, cover each nose with several coats of gold glitter glue.
6. Hot glue each nose on to its designated shoe.
Mouth and Whiskers 7. Using the gold paint pen and the images below for guidance, draw out the nose and mouth with dots. You may need to go over the dots 2-3 times with the paint pen.

TIP: A Black Sharpie can be used to cover up any scuffs on black suede loafers.

black cat flats, diy kitty loafer, charlotte olympia knockoff, diy loafer, cheap cat flats, make your own cat shoes, kitty loafer, crafts for cat lovers, gifts for cat lovers, animal loafers, uses for glitter glue

black cat flats, diy kitty loafer, charlotte olympia knockoff, diy loafer, cheap cat flats, make your own cat shoes, kitty loafer, crafts for cat lovers, gifts for cat lovers, animal loafers, uses for glitter glue

black cat flats, diy kitty loafer, charlotte olympia knockoff, diy loafer, cheap cat flats, make your own cat shoes, kitty loafer, crafts for cat lovers, gifts for cat lovers, animal loafers, uses for glitter glue

black cat flats, diy kitty loafer, charlotte olympia knockoff, diy loafer, cheap cat flats, make your own cat shoes, kitty loafer, crafts for cat lovers, gifts for cat lovers, animal loafers, uses for glitter glue

14 comments

Anonymous said...

These are ADORABLE! I kind of want to craft up a pair of my own!

K said...

I love these shoes! They turned out amazing!!

from head 2 toe said...

My mom needs these!!

Lesley Jean said...

These are so cute! I've seen some designer cat loafers but those are so not in my budget. I think I could do this! Appreciate the tutorial! :)

Alyssa May Edwards said...

These are freaking awesome!!! Ahhh I want to make a pair right now!!

xoxo,
Alyssa

Eleanor said...

can't believe you made these!!! SO GOOD! :)
xxx
http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

maria oliver said...

estoy impresionada!!! maravilloso!!

un saludo

aki! said...

So cute!

Also, how much do you love Taylor's new album?!? I think my favorites are Starlight and 22 so far.

Sabrina said...

Wow that is so impressive! They look great!
www.liptintsandleopardprints.blogspot.com

NATALiJA WANTS YOU! ♥ said...

super cute ♥

Mugdha said...

I'm still having a hard time processing that you made those. They are sooo cute!! P.S. I am obsessedddd with Red. It's so good! Thanks for the Target tip, btw!

The Sunny List said...

Such a great idea! I had seen the original ones but didn't know the price, waaay too much!

Great post :)


www.the-sunnylist.blogspot.com

Sunny N Blue said...

So cute. Do you take orders? Tweet me @sunnynblue :)

Sunny N Blue said...

Still lovin these loafers. Sadly I looked for those Mossimo flats and they're not there. I'll have to look for some velvet loafers and try this.