Nail Tutorial: You Belong With Me

    |
you belong with me, taylor swift inspired nail art, glitter nail tutorial, taylor swift nails, metallic blue nail polish, gold and silver glitter nail polish, uses for painter's tape, triangle moon mani, junior jewels

Secret #320: When I'm in the car alone, I sing really loudly to Taylor Swift songs, and pretend I'm in concert with her. One of my all-time favorite songs of hers that I often sing to is You Belong With Me. 
Secret #832 (not really a secret): I enjoy using nail art as a creative outlet.

What do you get when you combine Secret #320 and not-so-secret #832? A nail tutorial for You Belong With Me!

WHAT YOU WILL NEED: Dark blue nail polish, gold glitter polish, silver glitter polish, painter's tape (I ran out, so I had to use packaging tape instead. I do not recommend doing this.)

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Paint your nails blue.
2. Once the blue polish has dried, using two small pieces of tape, make an X on the nail you want the design to be on, leaving room at the bottom for the glitter triangle.
3. Paint several coats of glitter polish on to the part of your nail that is not covered with tape.
4. After the glitter polish has dried, peel off the tape and finish the design with a top coat.

you belong with me, taylor swift inspired nail art, glitter nail tutorial, taylor swift nails, metallic blue nail polish, gold and silver glitter nail polish, uses for painter's tape, triangle moon mani, junior jewels

you belong with me, taylor swift inspired nail art, glitter nail tutorial, taylor swift nails, metallic blue nail polish, gold and silver glitter nail polish, uses for painter's tape, triangle moon mani, junior jewels
gold glitter: 'Only Gold for Me' SEPHORA by OPI //the rest of the nail polish is from Forever 21

More Taylor Swift nail tutorials: 
Sparks Fly (my favorite!)

11 comments

Alyssa May Edwards said...

You are the queen of nail art and I LOVE IT! You give me so many ideas for creative nail art:) And thank you so much for the birthday wishes! So blessed to know you:)

xoxo,
Alyssa

Pathy Moreira said...

Hello, I found your blog from a friend and I went to visit! I loved your post and I am going to stay on top of all the news!
I hope my blog:

www.todacharmosa.com

If you want to follow me I'll be very happy! ♥ hugs..

Instangram @pathyamorinha
http://facebook.com/blogtodacharmosa

livlovelaugh said...

oooh, i should try this

-liv
http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr

Dana @ This Silly Girl's Life said...

Cute!

MuffinCannibal said...

I loove this tutorial! *_*
Thank you so much for visiting my blog, I've followed yours ;>

xoxo

Jules Yellow said...

great blog, I love your nails :)
http://please-freeze-time.blogspot.com/
xx Jules

Preppy & Funny said...

Really like that!
Never thought about the tapes! This is such a great idea! Thank you for the inspiration!

XOXO,

P&F

Preppy & Funny said...

Really like the nails! Never thought about putting tape to help me doing y nails, this is a great idea! Thank you for the inspiration!

XOXO,

P&F

www.preppyandfunny.wordpress.com

Kristin Reynolds said...

love your nails, i love gold for this season!

http://everythingsalwayssunny.blogspot.com

kristin
xx

Rachel said...

That looks fantastic - thanks for the tutorial!

AngieB said...

LOVE the nails! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)
Following now!
xo
http://angieb5989.blogspot.com/