DIY Re-did: Braided Hex Nut Bracelet

    |
gold hex nuts: Home Depot //string: Home Depot //chain: Michael's

Not too long ago, my crafty friend, K, and I made braided Hex Nut Bracelets (tutorial found here). The bracelets turned out really well, with just one problem: we had no practical way of keeping them on. The tutorial kind of leaves you hanging, with the expectation that you're going to keep the bracelet on your wrist with a knot. While a knot may sound nice, and secure, without assistance, there is no way to get that done easily. At least this is how it was for K and I.

In an attempt to find a solution, just the other day, I came across some leftover chain from when I made Cobra Stitch Bracelets (tutorial found here). After making sure the knots at each end of the bracelet were secure, I cut off the extra string, and replaced the it with a few chain links. Turns out, this was the perfect solution that allowed me to easily slip the bracelet on and off. Voila!

6 comments

Eleanor said...

yaaay you reminded me about this!! really want to try it, but just never got round to it!!
xxx
http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

Lisa said...

That's a really good idea! Nice fix!

-Lisa
The Lovely Memoir

Anonymous said...

You and K are SOOOO crafty!!

Alyssa May Edwards said...

This is awesome!!! Totally going to have to try this! :)

xoxo,
Alyssa

sincerelytrulyscrumptious.com

Diana Marks said...

lovely DIY!

LA By Diana Live Magazine

Wendy said...

WoW, love it!! Thanks for sharing!

XxX
http://fabulousstylews.blogspot.com