Winter to Spring Necessities

    |
winterspring

The last weeks of winter to the first weeks of spring can be a tricky time to dress for, especially if you live in a place like Seattle, where there is fickle weather. Today, in particular, consisted of overcast skies in the morning, sunshine in the afternoon, and rain in the early evening. To combat the constant change, I have relied on the following:

-Layers: You never know when the temperature may go up or down. To accommodate the ongoing flux, I wear layers that I can be easily stripped off, or piled on. Some of my favorite layering items are boat-neck 3/4 sleeve tees (the orange and blue striped one you see above is from the J.Crew Outlet), thin sweaters, and military jackets.

-Waterproof gear: Seattle is known for it's rain for a reason. There hasn't been as much of it lately, but in case there is, I always keep a rain jacket on me, or in the trunk of my car.

-Close-toed shoes you don't mind getting wet: Kind of obvious, but for mixed weather, you're going to want shoes that are breathable, but won't freeze your toes off. Some of my favorites are leather boots (both tall and combat), and flats.

winterspring2
The glitter heels aren't really relevant to this post, but I thought I'd include them anyway, because they're pretty. :)
winterspring3
BFF Dream Jacket (noun): A jacket that you've been searching months for, when one day, your best friend finds it for you while you're at school, does everything she can to track down your size (including fighting heavy traffic), and surprises you with it.

3 comments

Alyssa May Edwards said...

I LOVE that jacket!!!! You are right...its sooo perfect!!!:)

xoxo,
Alyssa

sincerelytrulyscrumptious.com

Valérie said...

I really love the jacket and the bag in the first picture!! I think you have an amazing style :D would love to swap wardrobes some day hahaha!

Great post!

XO
scribblesofvalerie.blogspot.com

Justine said...

Your friend is the sweetest ever!