A Celebration

    |
grad1

A few weeks ago, I graduated from my Masters program. My friend K threw me a surprise party to celebrate my accomplishments.

As always, I was beyond impressed with K's work. From the food, to the decorations, all the elements of the party embraced the themes of being feminine, elegant, and whimsical. My favorite part of the party was the ombre, ruffle, chocolate masterpiece, which I would consider to be my "dream cake". Also at the party were lemon bars, a flag banner, several rounds of Heads Up (via iPhone), a lace table cloth (actually a curtain from IKEA), pizza, iced tea, and lots of laughter.

Party tip #283: On a budget? Get creative with your decorations. For example, a lace curtain can become a nice tablecloth, and ordinary tissue paper can be easily transformed into decorative pom poms (tutorial here).

grad2

grad3

7 comments

Niina - It seems pretty obvious. said...

Wow! That ruffle cake looks pretty amazing!!

Mimi said...

the flowers and the cake are so beautiful!!! :D

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

hope @ a cup of Hope said...

SO cute.
How was that Dry lavender Soda?
:)

Ami @ a champagne dream said...

What a thoughtful thing to do! The party looked absolutely beautiful. Congrats on your masters!

Ami @ a champagne dream said...

What a thoughtful thing to do! The party looks absolutely beautiful. Congrats on your masters!

Sabrina said...

Wow I am so jealous of that cake. Gorgeous!

www.liptintsandleopardprints.blogspot.com

aka Bailey said...

What an amazing friend to have done all of this for you!!!! That cake looks incredible!! Congratulations to you for completing your Masters :)

xox
Bailey
http://akabailey.blogspot.com