DIY: Animal Jars

    |
animal jars, diy animal jars, baby food jar crafts, plastic animal crafts, martha stewart acrylic paint, gold paint ideas

For this week's Crafternoon, K and I made these animal jars. I've been eyeing tutorials on Pinterest for quite some time now, but was unsure as to what I would use them for. Coincidentally, K had all the supplies, so we went for it. They turned out much cuter than I predicted, and the one that I made is now sittin' pretty on the bookshelf in my room. Read on to find out how to make your very own animal jar.

TOOLS: empty jars, glue (we used hot glue, but if you wish to use something stronger, I'd recommend super glue or E-6000), plastic animals, and paint (we used Martha Stewart's Multi-Surface Acrylic Craft Paint in 'Gold').

STEPS:
1. Clean each jar and lid set. I find that Windex works really well for removing sticky residue.
2. Glue one animal on to each jar lid.
3. Paint 2-3 coats on to each animal+lid. Wait approximately 5 minutes between each coat.
4. After the paint has completely dried (for the type of paint that we used, this takes about 1-2 hours), screw the lid back on to the jar... and you're done! If you used hot glue, do not twist the lid back on to the jar while holding on to the animal, as hot glue does not tend to have a very strong bond to smooth metals and plastics.

animaljars2

animaljars3

animal jars, diy animal jars, baby food jar crafts, plastic animal crafts, martha stewart acrylic paint, gold paint ideas

animal jars, diy animal jars, baby food jar crafts, plastic animal crafts, martha stewart acrylic paint, gold paint ideas

3 comments

Valérie said...

That is such an awesome idea and the jar looks really cute! :) Thanks for sharing!!

Valérie ♥ scribblesofvalerie.com

aki! said...

So cute! If I had any little figurines lying around, I'd totally give this a try.

7% Solution​

aka Bailey said...

These came out so cute! And you're the second blogger I've read today that used that exact same paint for a craft project - sounds like a winner!

xox
Bailey
http://akabailey.blogspot.com